Rear shock

What type of esa shock do you have fitted at the back of the bike Showa Or WP (white spring)
This could be tricky but its possible to install ESA cancellation device and this would allow to use just rear shock adjustment or get standard shock and install that in the place of Nitron run calibration on Gs911 and you good to go ...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

All I can tell at the moment is it's a black spring on the rear. Where would I look for one of these cancellation device?

Were you sold this with it having ESA stated as an extra/option? If so I would be kicking up a right fuss that it isn't working, either get your money back or get them to fit a front ESA shock. Where did you get it from? BMW dealer?

Were you sold this with it having ESA stated as an extra/option? If so I would be kicking up a right fuss that it isn't working..

If the dealer agrees that supplying a bike with a non-working ESA unit is his responsibilty then I would suggest that you leave the Nitron on the front and get him to supply / fit a Nitron for the rear instead....... That would be better for you......... Or just reject the bike and look for another one.

If you are dissatisfied with the bike and it sounds as though you are, providing you have had the bike less than 30 days, consumer law says you can return the bike no questions asked for a full refund. Either do that or negotiate an appropriate discount but bear in mind that any resale opportunities for yourself in the future are limited if your bike is not equipped as one would expect.

Hi all, update the dealer has accepted that the bike should have working esa and have ordered replacement parts and going to book me in when they arrive. Thank you all for your advice

One thing to check when they fit the new shock is what condition it is in. The ESA might adjust the settings, but if the shock is past its service life then it will perform poorly and will need to be serviced. There's no obvious way of seeing externally other than to check age, mileage etc if not a new part

Back
Top Bottom