Black Forest trip planned for June 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Quinten & DC for your suggestions, and Richard I will let you know how I get on, as I do have to consult the others going, just as a general census of opinion which route to take, I will give them a few different ones to chose from.
Thanks again to all off you for you help.
BernieP

...Or you can combine a trip to the Black Forest with the Vosges, Ardennes and Luxembourg and easily fill a full week, using two weekends and a week off work would allow for a really good 9 day trip covering 3 iconic areas.

He has 5 days and that includes getting there and back.

The BF can be much more than the b500 but if your time is limited, the b500 is a must do. Couple years back upon returning north from fecking Switzerland we found loads of great roads not on/near that particular road so there is good alternatives.

me and the gang are doing the same trip in june 20, really useful information, think we'll take the extra day to black forest, thanks :beerjug:

The point to remember here is that the OP, and presumably BernieP's mates too, are from Thanet. He doesn't need to find the best roads, the prettiest towns, the hilliest scenery...he's starting from a very comparison point! With the exception of Isle of Sheppey, things really can only get better! :D :D

The point to remember here is that the OP, and presumably BernieP's mates too, are from Thanet. He doesn't need to find the best roads, the prettiest towns, the hilliest scenery...he's starting from a very comparison point! With the exception of Isle of Sheppey, things really can only get better! :D :D

Joking aside, it is a very valid point that will apply to anyone on their first Euro trip, I have taken people to the Ardennes and Black Forest and they have been blown away by the amazing roads and lack of traffic, had mate absolutely in wonderment in the Morvan, which is to me just a slightly better way of heading south than the motorway, but if you think Wales is a motorcycling mecca it will blow your mind with its bigger hills, better roads and almost complete lack of traffic.

If I lived the the Pyrenees or Alps I am unlikely to want to go for a ride in the Black Forest, but anyone used to nothing better than the UK has to offer will thoroughly enjoy the Black Forest, or Ardennes / Luxembourg / Morvan and probably anywhere in France that is more than a couple of Motorway hours from Calais.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom