drones may need registering by today

True, its now a legal requirement,
the caa have introduced a registration scheme and a knowledge competency test there is a £9 fee,
Unmanned aircraft from 250g to 20kg, includes drones and model aircraft etc , which must carry registration number of operator,

Registered today. The exam was laughable. It's purely an exercise in identifying people they can blame for future incidents.

Flyer ID registered, fee paid. Online test passed with a score18/20 (with pass mark 16). Operator ID supplied and drone labelled . Ready to fly again ( with voluntary liability insurance ) .I don’t have any problems with this and I support the registration but acknowledge that it won’t stop criminal activity . I feel public hostility and do not believe the Gatwick story .

Drones

Looking for recommendations for a drone / camera thingy that will follow us on a road trip planned for next year. As you might be able to tell I know absolutely nothing about them other than I see they have to be registered.
Any hints or tips would be welcome.
Cheers
Peds

My lad yesterday in New Zealand filming some sailing with his little drone :)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1575498656603.jpg
    FB_IMG_1575498656603.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 138
I have a DJI spark. It does a very good follow me but only at low speed(about 25mph). I believe the newer ones can do this at a faster speeds.

This was my first attempt at recording:

https://youtu.be/r59XTCp9PCU

Amazing quality recording from such a small and relatively cheap thing. I'd love one but fear I'll just not use it/forget it (and never look at the footage again).

Tim, great to see your lad has your wandering spirit :beerjug:

Lucky lad travels all over the world filming cycling, big sailing event the Volvo Round the World, America's cup etc etc and he'll also be at the next Olympics.
Dream job for him :)

Looking for recommendations for a drone / camera thingy that will follow us on a road trip planned for next year. As you might be able to tell I know absolutely nothing about them other than I see they have to be registered.
Any hints or tips would be welcome.
Cheers
Peds

Hate to tell you this but new drone laws are now active in UK , with new fines for non compliance . ( Not yet tested though ). One of the requirements is to fly the drone , at all times , within visible, unaided line of sight (VLOS) . I’d suggest that using the very very clever ‘follow me ‘ mode , whilst riding away from the drone , on a motorcycle is illegal .
(Unless someone else is in control and watching the drone , of course )
Itchy Boots is a master of ‘drone ‘follow me’ in her S. America tour ,but she’s not governed by our C.A.A.

Back
Top Bottom