Streaming and casting issue

(RIP) spike418

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We normally view films via Showbox, Megabox or Tea TV and cast them to the chromecast from our android phones.

Last 48 hours we've been unable to do it on either phone. Anyone know of reasons for this?
Or alternatively recommend a different streaming site?

Cheers folks

Can you cast you device to the tv at all ?
If not, try turning everything off and back on again....... I have to restart my phone when I cannot cast.
Showbox hasn't worked for quite a while for me. Don't know if anyone else is having issues.

Good luck.

If neither phone will cast to the chromecast unit, it should be a problem with the chromecast. Can you try it on another tv?
Also, is it powered off a USB on the TV?. Try powering it from another supply.

Tea TV and Showbox look to have been shut down recently...they are no longer working on my Android TV box. But there are plenty of alternatives out there....

Pah! I can cast 100 + yards using a 13 ft beachcaster, fixed spool and 4 oz breakaway, 3 hook paternoster rig with lug, rag and some crab :aidan

Yes, bet you can't throw your phone that far!

tom

Tea TV and Showbox look to have been shut down recently...they are no longer working on my Android TV box. But there are plenty of alternatives out there....

Indeed this is true. Typhoon FTW!!!!!

Plex is starting to add some free films though at the moment it still seems to be evolving

a959cb3469a5075ad03519ca80edb60f.png

Yeah I haven't be able to get showbox for some time, and no megabox or tea tv since the weekend. However, my wife has managed to get tea tv on a different tele using a different chromecast. It's probably just the films that we are trying to watch that cause the problem.

I've given up now and installed kodi (again) on a firestick and apart from not being able to identify cams before casting, it's working fine :beerjug:

I've taken a pic of the screen that appeared and I had assumed it was possibly server down, film removed or even some sort of codec that needed updating.

Attachments

• 20191205_094434.jpg
    20191205_094434.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 172

Back
Top Bottom