Parking in Swansea

Franky_Goes_To_Wales

Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents in or around Swansea!
My wife, a friend and I are planning to go to South Wales in April next year. Should be a nice ride to get to Swansea, where we want to stay for a couple of days as base for some day trips. Also to visit our daughter, who has started studies at Swansea University. When dropping her of this year I found parking not easy in Swansea (pretty much in the centre). Now I would appreciate if you can help me finding a suitable way/place to park 3 GS (2x 1150, 1x F650) overnight. Any way to find a garage for 4-5 nights?

Cheers,
Frank

I wouldnt go anywhere near Swansea with a bike, theft is rampant and has been for a while, bike jackings also.:eek:

I live in Swansea and Bluebird is partly correct in bike theft is a big problem in Swansea, I've not heard of any bike jackings though.

I can't think of any hotels that have secure parking in the city centre.

Have you thought of Air BNB? You might get something with a garage that way.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Oh boy,
Thanks wessie, Bluebird and yoyo for your swift and honest feedback! :-o
I had the feeling parking of bikes would not be easy, but thought mainly about the restriction for resident parking.

Looks like it is better to go to the countryside and travel into Swansea by bus.
:-(

I live in Swansea and Bluebird is partly correct in bike theft is a big problem in Swansea, I've not heard of any bike jackings though.

I can't think of any hotels that have secure parking in the city centre.

Have you thought of Air BNB? You might get something with a garage that way.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Fabian Way this year.

Hmmm... I think you're gonna struggle to find bike parking in Swansea. The Air BnB idea might have some mileage as you're going to want to rent a house with a garage.

Knowing the area well, I'd suggest you look for something around The Mumbles. You might struggle in The Mumbles itself as it's going to be mainly 'quaint' fisherman cottages but if you go to Langland/Limeslade/West Cross, then you're going to be in with a chance of getting somewhere with a garage (you might have to enquire directly with the owner). From The Mumbles, it's a nice walk around the bay into the city or jump on a bus.

If your daughter is on The Bay Campus (Fabian Way), you DO NOT want to be staying anywhere near there... It's a shit-hole! As for the rest of Swansea, there's a reason why it's called a "Pretty Shitty City" in Twin Town. ;)

FWIW - The area by the Marriott / Civic Centre, is a regular for Pikeys to camp out on.

HTH

M

I think MCN had a bike on test nicked from a hotel in Swansea on an overnighter. Unless plenty of disc locks,and chains to keep the bikes together, outside the main doors.

Let’s be Frank.. Don’t believe the hype...I can offer 2 safe parking places in the City centre.. Come down for a day trip & do a recce... I’ll be in touch end of the week due to work commitments... ATB Jack...

Thanks a lot Jack! Really appreciate your offer! I think I found a nice place to stay a bit outside, but definetly want to go and see the centre.

Cheers,
Frank

Hi frank
Can you send me a PM so that I can give you details.
All the best
Jack

Ok thanks for that Wessie... Your recommendation of the Marriot would be perfect... Hopefully he will read this and subscribe... Jack...

Hi Jack,
I am using the free registration, but I guess I need to be a full member to be able to send PM.

For our stay eventually I have found a nice spot on Mumbles. Hope it is as nice as it sounds.

Still I would be glad to get your hints on the city. You can reach me via mail here.
zen4u2 {at} gmail [dot] com

Cheers,
Frank

Back
Top Bottom