Thread: Parking in Swansea

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

Parking in Swansea

Hi ladies and gents in or around Swansea!
    My wife, a friend and I are planning to go to South Wales in April next year. Should be a nice ride to get to Swansea, where we want to stay for a couple of days as base for some day trips. Also to visit our daughter, who has started studies at Swansea University. When dropping her of this year I found parking not easy in Swansea (pretty much in the centre). Now I would appreciate if you can help me finding a suitable way/place to park 3 GS (2x 1150, 1x F650) overnight. Any way to find a garage for 4-5 nights?

Cheers,
    Frank

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Marriott hotel has free parking https://goo.gl/maps/A1ZLnwappvqvrAus5
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

I wouldnt go anywhere near Swansea with a bike, theft is rampant and has been for a while, bike jackings also.

I live in Swansea and Bluebird is partly correct in bike theft is a big problem in Swansea, I've not heard of any bike jackings though.

I can't think of any hotels that have secure parking in the city centre.

Have you thought of Air BNB? You might get something with a garage that way.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Oh boy,
    Thanks wessie, Bluebird and yoyo for your swift and honest feedback! :-o
    I had the feeling parking of bikes would not be easy, but thought mainly about the restriction for resident parking.

Looks like it is better to go to the countryside and travel into Swansea by bus.
    :-(

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
    I live in Swansea and Bluebird is partly correct in bike theft is a big problem in Swansea, I've not heard of any bike jackings though.

I can't think of any hotels that have secure parking in the city centre.

Have you thought of Air BNB? You might get something with a garage that way.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
    Fabian Way this year.

Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    Marriott hotel has free parking https://goo.gl/maps/A1ZLnwappvqvrAus5
    One of our bikes Honda AT was stolen from the car park in June, alarmed and chained, two other chains were attempted by grinder…a new KTM 1290 had its disc cut too ……. park elsewhere !

Shinyface…...

Hmmm... I think you're gonna struggle to find bike parking in Swansea. The Air BnB idea might have some mileage as you're going to want to rent a house with a garage.

Knowing the area well, I'd suggest you look for something around The Mumbles. You might struggle in The Mumbles itself as it's going to be mainly 'quaint' fisherman cottages but if you go to Langland/Limeslade/West Cross, then you're going to be in with a chance of getting somewhere with a garage (you might have to enquire directly with the owner). From The Mumbles, it's a nice walk around the bay into the city or jump on a bus.

If your daughter is on The Bay Campus (Fabian Way), you DO NOT want to be staying anywhere near there... It's a shit-hole! As for the rest of Swansea, there's a reason why it's called a "Pretty Shitty City" in Twin Town.

FWIW - The area by the Marriott / Civic Centre, is a regular for Pikeys to camp out on.

HTH

M
    The box said "Windows 10 or better."

...So I used a Macintosh.

I think MCN had a bike on test nicked from a hotel in Swansea on an overnighter. Unless plenty of disc locks,and chains to keep the bikes together, outside the main doors.

Let’s be Frank.. Don’t believe the hype...I can offer 2 safe parking places in the City centre.. Come down for a day trip & do a recce... I’ll be in touch end of the week due to work commitments... ATB Jack...

Thanks a lot Jack! Really appreciate your offer! I think I found a nice place to stay a bit outside, but definetly want to go and see the centre.

Cheers,
    Frank

Hi frank
    Can you send me a PM so that I can give you details.
    All the best
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by GS.Jack View Post
    Hi frank
    Can you send me a PM so that I can give you details.
    All the best
    Jack
    Franky cannot do PMs as one needs to subscribe to have that facility
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Ok thanks for that Wessie... Your recommendation of the Marriot would be perfect... Hopefully he will read this and subscribe... Jack...

Hi Jack,
    I am using the free registration, but I guess I need to be a full member to be able to send PM.

For our stay eventually I have found a nice spot on Mumbles. Hope it is as nice as it sounds.

Still I would be glad to get your hints on the city. You can reach me via mail here.
    zen4u2 {at} gmail [dot] com

Cheers,
    Frank

Ah ha... Mumbles!!

M
    The box said "Windows 10 or better."

...So I used a Macintosh.