OEM alarm beeping?

Slipperyeel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
2011 GSA- Yesterday, when I switched on the ignition (bike still on centre stand) I could hear a muted beeping from roughly where the alarm is mounted under the rear mud guard. I've not been out on it this week, been chained to the desk.

Is this actually the alarm doing this (I can't think of what else it could be?) And if yes, do I take it to be an indication the battery needs replacing?

Anyone else had this?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

When my batteries were failing in mine I just had the warning on the dash. It didn't give off any beeping sounds. I don't have my self setting though.

When my batteries were failing in mine I just had the warning on the dash. It didn't give off any beeping sounds. I don't have my self setting though.
Thanks for that. I was expecting a notice on the dash as you describe if the batteries were low... Mine is self arming, and it seems to work fine, including the v loud confirmation blasts from the alarm.

I'll have to keep an eye on it..

My one has stopped altogether. Used to work. Then failed on one fob and now the other. even after new batteries. 2004 daily commuter.

Thanks for that. I was expecting a notice on the dash as you describe if the batteries were low... Mine is self arming, and it seems to work fine, including the v loud confirmation blasts from the alarm.

I'll have to keep an eye on it..

You can turn off the confirmation beeps using the alarm fob.

My one has stopped altogether. Used to work. Then failed on one fob and now the other. even after new batteries. 2004 daily commuter.

Have you replaced the batteries in the alarm unit itself.

You can turn off the confirmation beeps using the alarm fob.
I get the confirmation beeps and indicators flashing. This was a muted beeping, coming from under the rear mud guard... I'm only guessing it was the alarm because I can't think if what else might be in that area?

It hasn't made the same sound since, but then I've been using the bike more. It happened on start up after standing for about 6-7 days

As you can see. Had so much fun today changing the the batteries. Was fantastic.
IMG-20191204-130215093.jpg

Oh dear, well I did say in my thread about the amount of time I spent cleaning all the shite out from under there.

All ended ok. Thankfully I bought a mini lathe over summer for little jobs just like this. A few weld tacks and we are back in business..

Alarm works now as well.

IMG-20191204-143254393.jpg

If you have stud extractors , do yourself a favor and bin them now before they make your life worse than it has to be.

Could be coming from the exhaust flap servomotor. sometimes when they seize and can't find the stops they do some funny things to the motor
Hmmm.... there's an idea. At the beginning if the year I gave the exhaust flap a clean and lube with nickel grease, which dropped it chirping at ignition on... but maybe with the change in temperature and standing for one week it needs more attention.

Thanks for the thought. I'll look at it

As you can see. Had so much fun today changing the the batteries. Was fantastic.
IMG-20191204-130215093.jpg
Oh bloody hell. Mine is in near mint condition (I think with thanks to ACF50). So I'm hoping for none of that if I come around to doing it!

Good luck. That plug is/was mild steel. My bike is 2004. When grinded out it was a ball of rust with a bolt rusted firmly in. Never ever coming out. If you want a plug made up give me a shout. postage cost and materials. Love using the wee lathe.

Good luck. That plug is/was mild steel. My bike is 2004. When grinded out it was a ball of rust with a bolt rusted firmly in. Never ever coming out. If you want a plug made up give me a shout. postage cost and materials. Love using the wee lathe.
That's a kind offer. Thanks . I'm hoping to get a look into it over Christmas. Might have a better idea.

Back
Top Bottom