Attendees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dublin calling. The world has to have levelled out by then right?

cue flat earth prophets delighting at my change of heart :stupid

I'm gonna look in the other thread for hotels and b'n'b's. I like the camping but to be honest, I like waking at my usual time and discarding 6 inches of dirty spin at the usual hour, without the horror.

I expect there are lots of lovely photos to be taken in the surrounding areas?

Be nice to see you again :)

14 day quarantine when I get back. Who know, I might be there. I’ll tell no one I’ve been away

Peace

Dont care, i'll be there ;) :beerjug:

Last I heard Ardnamurchan Peninsula was free of covid, and they were not keen on opening the campsite and essentially allowing people to possibly infect the local population, which has a fair amount of elderly.
Soon as I hear anything I'll update, stay safe :D

Last I heard Ardnamurchan Peninsula was free of covid, and they were not keen on opening the campsite and essentially allowing people to possibly infect the local population, which has a fair amount of elderly.
Soon as I hear anything I'll update, stay safe :D

They are now talking about opening hotels etc from 15 July, so I would guess the pub round the corner will be keen to open asap.....if the pub is open, not much point in not opening the campsite. If its not open by mid Sept, we're all fukt anyway!

I think (hope) campsites will be open and at least outside areas of pubs. So I'm planning on being there.

I'll be taking emergency booze rations in case the campsite is open and the pub isn't.:101

:okay
Just had my first beers of this year so far, so I'm back on it , let's hope it all pans out and I'll see you all there , be it at the bar or on the campsite, the craic will be good :beerjug:

:okay
Just had my first beers of this year so far, so I'm back on it , let's hope it all pans out and I'll see you all there , be it at the bar or on the campsite, the craic will be good :beerjug:

Looking forward to it Baz :thumb

:beerjug:

As am I but...
There is now a slim chance that I might still get my trip to Bulgaria and Greece but I've had to delay it by a week...I would normally get home the weekend before Strontian but now, Covid legislations depending, I might manage to get away for all of September :rolleyes:.

I really missed Dent and have also had to cancel a 2 week enduro trip to Bulgaria so I'm desperate to get away...and am in serious need of proper warm weather.

I'd post a pic of what we have here now but it's just too depressing...visibility of 100 mtrs max. can't see tops of the trees and it's 9 degrees C ! All thanks to a lovely North Sea 'hoar' ( pronounced haar :rolleyes: ).

Will let you know in good time Baz :D

Looking forward to it Baz :thumb

:beerjug:
Likewise Micky :beerjug:

As am I but...
There is now a slim chance that I might still get my trip to Bulgaria and Greece but I've had to delay it by a week...I would normally get home the weekend before Strontian but now, Covid legislations depending, I might manage to get away for all of September :rolleyes:.

I really missed Dent and have also had to cancel a 2 week enduro trip to Bulgaria so I'm desperate to get away...and am in serious need of proper warm weather.

I'd post a pic of what we have here now but it's just too depressing...visibility of 100 mtrs max. can't see tops of the trees and it's 9 degrees C ! All thanks to a lovely North Sea 'hoar' ( pronounced haar :rolleyes: ).

Will let you know in good time Baz :D

No problem mate, hope it all works out for you, hopefully getting away myself to warmer climes early September !!

..and am in serious need of proper warm weather.

?? where have you been for the last 10 weeks ;)

it's been glorious down the other end of the country ... i think we've only had rain about 5 times in 10 weeks

sitting here now looking at another day of brilliant blue skies ;)

I'll be taking emergency booze rations in case the campsite is open and the pub isn't.:101

will our glamping cabin be large enough for us to be socially distant? How do you propose we transport sufficient booze up there on our bikes? trailers?

so many questions:D

will our glamping cabin be large enough for us to be socially distant? How do you propose we transport sufficient booze up there on our bikes? trailers?

Time to think outside the box ... ;)

LH pannier, Spirits, Rh pannier cans

50L drybag for camping, clothes, food, etc. Rucksack for food / essentials

Tankbag for last minute.com

Crashbags for ratpacks / food pouches

Bumbag / map pocket for more food and essentials :)

Alternatively -

Define one person as carrier of the spirit(s) orders being taken

Another as carrier of the can(s)

if it all goes well , we praise the carrier of the spirit ;)

If it goes Pete tong, we blame the carrier of the can :D

Or we get some of the locals to arrange drink drops on the way, where stocks of the required liquids are left with gps coordiantes so they can be picked up by passing weary travellers ;) looking for

sustenance ;):)

?? where have you been for the last 10 weeks ;)

it's been glorious down the other end of the country ... i think we've only had rain about 5 times in 10 weeks

sitting here now looking at another day of brilliant blue skies ;)

Enough of that ...
Anyway, isn't about time that you start to head off for Strontian now :D

Easy... Book a Tesco delivery slot direct to your pod :thumby:

Time to think outside the box ... ;)

LH pannier, Spirits, Rh pannier cans

50L drybag for camping, clothes, food, etc. Rucksack for food / essentials

Tankbag for last minute.com

Crashbags for ratpacks / food pouches

Bumbag / map pocket for more food and essentials :)

Alternatively -

Define one person as carrier of the spirit(s) orders being taken

Another as carrier of the can(s)

if it all goes well , we praise the carrier of the spirit ;)

If it goes Pete tong, we blame the carrier of the can :D

Or we get some of the locals to arrange drink drops on the way, where stocks of the required liquids are left with gps coordiantes so they can be picked up by passing weary travellers ;) looking for

sustenance ;):)

Easy... Book a Tesco delivery slot direct to your pod :thumby:

I've had a better idea, I'll just call room service or raid the minibar.:thumb2

Err, there will be room service and a minibar won't there?:camping:ChrisKelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom