Newbie here from Lancashire

BigTony

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Just purchased my first ever BMW, awaiting delivery this coming Saturday of my brand new 1250 GS Adventure Exclusive TE and I cant wait!

Obviously bought at the best time of year for riding now the ice and frost has arrived, but I will be manning up and getting out for a ride as soon as it arrives.

I have been a Triumph guy all my riding life and had a 1200 Tiger but I was tempted by the GSA, had the test ride and the rest is history as they say, never had any problems with the Tiger but I just found the BMW better in all areas, weight being the main one as the Tiger was a heavy beast to move about.

Anyway I will stick some pics up once the new bike has been dropped off and look forward to many years of riding in comfort!

May even see some of you out on the road.

Cheers,

Anthony

Good effort Tony, get it dirty once and you won't have to worry again. Enjoy and beware, once a BMW always a BMW as they do it all so very easily.
Cheers

Hi and welcome to the mad house

It was indeed yes, had a six week wait for delivery which I havent been used to before and that seemed to drag, but once it arrived I couldnt fault Bowkers, been brilliant, everything sorted quickly and bike now ready just me not being able to get out of work to pick it up is causing the delay getting my hands on it, can not wait!

Welcome to the gaff, also from Lancashire and also purchased my 1250 from Bowkers, I found them quite patchy on aftersales service being honest but so far the bike has been good.

It's my first BMW after ten years with FJRs and like it a great deal.

Enjoy the bike, if you fancy a ride out give me a shout.

Welcome, it’s cold down here so it must be reset grim oop norf.

I’ve been very pleased with mine.

Welcome to the gaff, also from Lancashire and also purchased my 1250 from Bowkers, I found them quite patchy on aftersales service being honest but so far the bike has been good.

It's my first BMW after ten years with FJRs and like it a great deal.

Enjoy the bike, if you fancy a ride out give me a shout.

I will keep an eye out on the aftersales, after coming from Triumph i have had an overall decent service from their dealer, did have a time when they had a poor reputation but they rectified that and improved a lot, fingers crossed there's no problems with them when I need them

And yes i will be in touch for a ride, weather dependent for me though I'm afraid, I'm not an all weathers kind of guy although cant beat a good brew and bacon butty on a chilly winters morning!

Only had my 1st Service from Bowker so far. They were great during the sales cycle, Gary Naylor was my sales guy, could not fault them. 1st service no issues. They've been good. I keep getting invited to events/open days, I go when I can but it's an hour each way for me...(and not the most interesting route)

Well I have finally received the new GSA and got to say I love this bike! It was delivered on Saturday and I have been out Sat and Sunday for a few hours and it just feels awesome

I've attached some pictures (that hopefully work!)

Still getting used to all the gadgetry on it etc but it is one awesome bike, I would never have a dig at Triumph as I have ridden them all my biking life, but there is something special about this GSA

Anyway hope to see some of you on the roads! Is it true BMW riders never wave or nod at anyone??? :augie :beerjug: :beerjug:

Attachments

• BMW.jpg
    BMW.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 203
  • BMW2.jpg
    BMW2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 195
  • BMW 3.jpg
    BMW 3.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 188
Welcome to the bike and the forum. Pencil in the Dent camping weekend, just down the road from you next year. A better weekend of craic, riding and inebriation is hard to find.

Steve

Welcome! Near Lancashire myself, technically Cheshire but Leigh is a stones throw away lol Almost got mine from Bowker, they seem like good guys! Picked my GSA up Saturday and like you I was a Tiger 1200 rider before!

Enjoy!

Are you the peejay from the Triumph forum where your thread seemed to take a different route to what you expected? haha

Isnt it weird how tribal some people can be with regards to what bikes they ride, don't know why people are like that, as far as I am concerned we are all bikers regardless of what you ride

And yes I've been impressed with Bowkers, just sorted my service plan with them and ordered a charger as we all know the snow and ice will be here at some point leaving the bike in the garage for a bit.

I used to deal with Youles at Blackburn to be fair I never had any issues with them but I never had any issues with my Tiger either, unlike yourself if i recall.

Anyway enjoy your bike and you never know our paths may cross out there some day!

Cheers

Are you the peejay from the Triumph forum where your thread seemed to take a different route to what you expected? haha

Isnt it weird how tribal some people can be with regards to what bikes they ride, don't know why people are like that, as far as I am concerned we are all bikers regardless of what you ride

And yes I've been impressed with Bowkers, just sorted my service plan with them and ordered a charger as we all know the snow and ice will be here at some point leaving the bike in the garage for a bit.

I used to deal with Youles at Blackburn to be fair I never had any issues with them but I never had any issues with my Tiger either, unlike yourself if i recall.

Anyway enjoy your bike and you never know our paths may cross out there some day!

Cheers

Haha yeah thats me indeed! lol

Yeah, I get that it's a Triumph forum but I certainly didn't expect it to go like that haha

You too mate, enjoy the new ride!

welcome! - I'm from lancashire too and I'm also a Bowkers customer, albeit with a used 1200 GSA.

Ive found them to be good for aftersales i have to say, they will negotiate on pricing, always offer a discount on clothing etc and i find them decent people to deal with. My bike is always due a service in November / December and if you are reasonable local they will collect and delivery if you can't be arsed to ride it to them for the service.

finally, Did it come with those tyres on it? - annakee adventures?

Must admit I have just bought a battery charger from them and they knocked money off without me even asking, I know I have jsut bought a new bike from them but even so you expect some bargaining and bartering for discounts but no complaints from me, they were very efficient and cant fault them at all

Yes those are the tyres the bike came with, is that good or bad?

Back
Top Bottom