Recommend me some soft luggage for a F800gs with BMW pannier frames plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steadysteve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I recently bought a f800gs with BMW pannier frames and ally panniers.
I want to put some softbags on it but keep the existing frames.
Can anyone recommend some softbags that will clip onto these frames please, if such a thing exists?
I've searched online but just ended more confused...it doesn't take much:D
I thought bumot made a range of panniers to clip onto oe frames but their website is playing silly buggers.
I keep flipping between the choice of using the existing Ali panniers or getting some decent softbags or just fastening a cheapo pair of Autokicker bags onto it( which I already have in the garage).
Thanks in advance.

And while I'm typing..... It's got a rattly timing chain, which quietens down a lot when warm--- any ideas on a cure for this please? Not sure if it's likely to be the the chain itself or the tensioner..?
Thanks.

I have some enduristan monsoon panniers that I'm thinking of selling (they are brand new!) they are very good but I'm not riding for a few months at least.
Pm me if you're interested and I will give you the details.

I've got Sw motech frames/panniers but generally use soft luggage Kriega U.S 20 & 30 but I've used others. I got some ally plate that i bolt onto the frames with a 90 deg bend on the bottom to make a 'shelf' for the bottom of the bags. Only about 4 inches or so wide but helps to support the weight

You’ll have to go a long way to beat Wolfman soft panniers which have plenty of attachment loops to suit nearly any pannier frames but they’re not cheap. The good thing is that they’re properly waterproof and they’re very scuff resistant if you want to use them off the beaten track.

https://www.windingroads.co.uk/saddle-bags-panniers-uk

I use the expedition bags and have yet to find anything to complain about with them.

I mostly only ever used a Touratech/Ortleib roll bag on the rear seat Steve ... I could live for three months out of that bag :D

Just ride it and enjoy .... it'll get you there and back :thumb2

:beerjug:

Edit ... and yes, a thumbs up for Wolfman :thumb2

Mine does the timing chain noise for a couple of seconds on start up and was advised to ignore it as they all do it even from new mine has 40k on it

Pannier bags

Thanks chaps.
Andy B...they need to be stuff resistant with me at the helm..
Q plate--- I was thinking of doing something similar to protect the bags from the lugs that the Ali panniers engage with. Cheers.

F750GS. PM sent.
Thanks

I’ve just bought an offset set of Moskomoto back country V2 panniers and a 30L back country duffel plus some SW Motech Evo quick release frames (All from the US to pick up out there). They clip on and off really easily using a plastic wedge which you mount to the frames. I had a good look over them (again!) at the NEC show and they really are well put together. They make the Kriega ones look a bit pants tbh...

I’ve been lusting after them ever since they were released and just taken the plunge as they had 10% off on Black Friday.

The V2s are apparently coming out in the Euro store around May next year.

Interestingly BMW are selling a badged version of the Mosko panniers badged as Atacama soft luggage.

These are the V1 panniers but very similar.

I’ve just bought an offset set of Moskomoto back country V2 panniers and a 30L back country duffel plus some SW Motech Evo quick release frames (All from the US to pick up out there). They clip on and off really easily using a plastic wedge which you mount to the frames. I had a good look over them (again!) at the NEC show and they really are well put together. They make the Kriega ones look a bit pants tbh...

I’ve been lusting after them ever since they were released and just taken the plunge as they had 10% off on Black Friday.

The V2s are apparently coming out in the Euro store around May next year.

Interestingly BMW are selling a badged version of the Mosko panniers badged as Atacama soft luggage.

These are the V1 panniers but very similar.

Yep, very nice. Very tempted to splash the cash but we'll see. The offside rack on the f800 isn't straight so might need the BMW adaptors referred to on one of the videos. More homework needed.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom