Roadking special rear mudguard grommet

Flipfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi gents. Just fitted a charging lead to the RKS (turns out it was already fitted with an optimate one :blast

Anyway, I took the seat off and it was filthy under there because there is a bloody hole in the fender with no grommet in it, so shit is coming straight off the tyre into the underseat area.

I can’t find any reference to this hole being plugged with anything :nenau doesn’t show on the microfiche but wondered if anyone else with an RKS can pop their seat off and take a quick pic for me please.

Thanks in advance :thumb

Hi gents. Just fitted a charging lead to the RKS (turns out it was already fitted with an optimate one :blast

Anyway, I took the seat off and it was filthy under there because there is a bloody hole in the fender with no grommet in it, so shit is coming straight off the tyre into the underwear area.

I can’t find any reference to this hole being plugged with anything :nenau doesn’t show on the microfiche but wondered if anyone else with an RKS can pop their seat off and take a quick pic for me please.

:D:D Has someone hacked your life?

Lovin it matey, still trying to find a silk stars n stripes bandana and currently perfecting how to say Y’aaaaaaallll. I’ve got noisy pipes too (apparently they ‘save lives’).

It’s the hole for the single seat rear mounting point - it should have a rubber grommet in it...

Anyway, I took the seat off and it was filthy under there because there is a bloody hole in the fender with no grommet in it, so shit is coming straight off the tyre into the underseat area.

I’ll have a look at mine tomorrow if it helps?

As you now know an optimate lead is hidden under the left hand side cover. :blast

Just had a look at the Jersey HD Microfiche... seems to just be a hole!!

My million year old Glide had a. Rubber grommet - must be cost cutting!!

Stick a square of Gorilla Tape over the hole - job done!

It’s the hole for the single seat rear mounting point - it should have a rubber grommet in it...

No it aint,just measure the hole and get 1 off e/bay or just put tape over it,cut it too size though other wise you will see it from the o/s of the bike.

If I can remember it's for the wiring going to the rear light/indicators.

Will take my seat off in the morning for a look see.

If I can remember it's for the wiring going to the rear light/indicators.

Will take my seat off in the morning for a look see.

There’s no wiring there though, just a plain hole.

Just wondering if it was missing a genuine Harley grommet, but it looks like it’s not the case. A solution will be found, might need to buy a welder, a plasma cutter, two strips of gaffa tape, a flat plate of stainless, three sausages and a case of frogs.

Just push a frog into the hole... that will sort it.....

Rivet....

I’ve got two....

Sadly both employed keeping the water in...

Big hole here. :thumb2

Attachments

• 1C1B1D60-600B-4713-AEDD-EB9E69051965.jpg
    1C1B1D60-600B-4713-AEDD-EB9E69051965.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 9D8F9782-3093-40E7-ABCB-D24832C0D410.jpg
    9D8F9782-3093-40E7-ABCB-D24832C0D410.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 134
Cleaned up in 30 seconds. :thumb2

Attachments

• 3EFA669F-81D8-4E0C-8358-E6527FF4EC94.jpg
    3EFA669F-81D8-4E0C-8358-E6527FF4EC94.jpg