Discs

You've obviously never owned a KTM, the RC8 used to seize up, was told I was doing it wrong, wash then clean, rinse with demineralised water, then blow dry.

Weirdly, not one of my Ducati, Aprilia or BMW all of which have brembo calipers/discs ever suffered from that problem, I just washed then hosed down.

Although my K has started showing rust on the discs, Tokico calipers not sure of the disc manufacturer.

If it's under warranty complain.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

One also learns not to be so precious over an inanimate object. I honestly haven't washed any of my vehicles, bikes or cars, in over 10 years.
Admittedly the cars might get an eastern european car wash once every 6 months if they're lucky.
The chauffeur washes every day for you instead ?

You've obviously never owned a KTM, the RC8 used to seize up, was told I was doing it wrong, wash then clean, rinse with demineralised water, then blow dry.

Weirdly, not one of my Ducati, Aprilia or BMW all of which have brembo calipers/discs ever suffered from that problem, I just washed then hosed down.

Although my K has started showing rust on the discs, Tokico calipers not sure of the disc manufacturer.

I did but they said I was washing it with chemicals , and to try just water , I replied , how the fook do I clean the rest of the wheel then without the chance of a cleaner going near them .. my mate has exactly the same problem , the only common denominator was the fact that in Spain our discs when blue with excessive heat on some of the roads we did over a 7 day trip, whether that's got anything to do with it , he also said his last bike never did it as my last bike also did not.
so it aint just me ..

I have had a few Ktms before and never had the discs rust ( bits fell off all the time :D) even the enduro bikes , but I suppose they were covered in silicon after wash , but the 990 ' s never did either.. im puzzled.

I have had a few Ktms before and never had the discs rust ( bits fell off all the time :D) even the enduro bikes , but I suppose they were covered in silicon after wash , but the 990 ' s never did either.. im puzzled.
Duffus (dealer) and KTM attitude pissed me off so much that I'll never get another one of their bikes.

It is in owners manual for RC8 on cleaning regime.

I'm guessing off-road bikes are expected to be hosed down.

Back
Top Bottom