BMW Motorrad Insured Warranty

dmilne

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dear Sir,
Your policy covering your R1200RT LC ends soon.
£338 to renew. -That's mechanical ONLY, - not roadside breakdown and recovery.
Now includes failures due to wear and tear whoopee!
But not the side panel that's been hanging of the bike since new.
And not the fancy suspension if it's done over 30,000 miles. (Bike is over 4 years old and has done a reasonable 33,000 miles. It is a tourer after all)
And not the exhaust flap thing that recently jammed open and requires a complete new system from the heads to the silencer .... £1800. (they all do that sir, can happen at 1,000 miles!)
Pity.
Perhaps a Honda next time if they will fit a decent sized tank and get the weight down to nearer 200 kgs..

Dear Sir,
Your policy covering your R1200RT LC ends soon.
£338 to renew. -That's mechanical ONLY, - not roadside breakdown and recovery.
Now includes failures due to wear and tear whoopee!
But not the side panel that's been hanging of the bike since new.
And not the fancy suspension if it's done over 30,000 miles. (Bike is over 4 years old and has done a reasonable 33,000 miles. It is a tourer after all)
And not the exhaust flap thing that recently jammed open and requires a complete new system from the heads to the silencer .... £1800. (they all do that sir, can happen at 1,000 miles!)
Pity.
Perhaps a Honda next time if they will fit a decent sized tank and get the weight down to nearer 200 kgs..

Test ride the Yamaha T700 - you wont need an extended warranty or breakdown insurance.

I hear where you are coming from but £338 is not even £1 a day .... if it blows up its going to cost a shit load more than that ... just saying ....:)

I've had two sets of headers on my 2014 RT to fix the flap, both out of warranty and done under good will. Although I did have the extended warranty. Now have a 1250 so have 3 years to not worry about the flap. As for the side panel, there a plenty of posts on how to fix the grommet issue, so the panel doesn't pop out, on the new RTs they have changed the mounting, but its not backward compatible.

Back
Top Bottom