GS911 diagnostic tool

big fella

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anybody got any information on these diagnostic tools? Can they be hired/bought in Ireland. Is there specific model units to suit different bikes? How good are they at fault finding.
All info greatly appreciated.
Tom

Have a look at eBay for people resetting service indicators for £20-£30 a time.

You really need to get on the Hexacode website to see what they can do, and also to see what model works with what ranges.

If you have an older bike, you can probably pick up a cheapish version 1 (non-Bluetooth) with just a couple of the VIN allocation used up.

They are seriously-clever bits of kit, though

Make sure you check on the Hexcode website for the correct model for your bike, pre EU4 spec I used the USB type version 1 and for my EU4 spec bike I used the USB version 2.
If you maintain the bike yourself then it can be invaluable fault finding, reading data and tests on functions on the bike (look at the function chart on their website).
Not cheap but in my opinion well worth it.

Also look at Motoscan and an OBD adaptor. I went for the ultimate when it was 30 euro. I had an odblink mx for the cars and got the ODB to 10 pin cable so the set up was around 50 euro or if you go for the ultimate app now you could be set up for around 130 euro using their unicarscan adapter. Constantly updated and you are not limited to how many bikes you can use it on. Does more than I need it to!

https://www.motoscan.de/

Oh and it works on your smart phone Android only I think!

Re post #5, I can't comment on the motoscan jobbie as I have always used the 911 but my question would be can it do all you want/need?
Can it plot real time data and reset adaptation values - hopefully someone else can help answer these questions!!
As usual its your money so you decide.

the Pre Watercooled bikes all work with the pre wifi GS911 Usually Yellow (or like mine with a blue rubber "bump Cover"
If you have a WC you will need a WiFi one Which are red

They are a handy bit of kit

I have a red one but its the USB generation 2 type - no WiFi.

Just used my new GS 911 red one (USB version) on the R9T Scrambler to reset the service light and check for fault codes - nifty bit of kit ;)

All the better for picking up on a Black Friday deal £213 delivered :D

Re post #5, I can't comment on the motoscan jobbie as I have always used the 911 but my question would be can it do all you want/need?
Can it plot real time data and reset adaptation values - hopefully someone else can help answer these questions!!
As usual its your money so you decide.

Yip does real time data like revs and engine temp etc. I’ve used it for fault codes, brake fluid replacement and service light resetting on my 2014 r1200rt. Also works on my 2002 r1150gs.........but much less to see obviously :)

Gs911

Guys thanks for the replies. I have 2 bikes that i will need to check for any faults. On is a 07' xchallenge and the other is a 19' 1250 adventure.
Can the newer one read the fault codes on both these bikes?
Tom.

Guys thanks for the replies. I have 2 bikes that i will need to check for any faults. On is a 07' xchallenge and the other is a 19' 1250 adventure.
Can the newer one read the fault codes on both these bikes?
Tom.

The new ones are backward compatible. The new ones are available with either the round or flat connection. Similarly - there are cables for converting round 911 to flat bike, and flat 911 to round bike.

(old bikes use the round socket, new - use the flat socket)

Back
Top Bottom