Why close threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianm00

Reaction score
Why does Wapping close threads?

The idea of a forum is to communicate ideas within threads, but Wapping decides that he doesn't want anything more posted so closes them!

Because the Nav V problem has been done to death. If anyone has a great idea on how to fix either a satellite or a load of GPS device’s software, let them start a new thread. They are also welcome to start a thread saying, “I bin speakin to garmin who sez its the sats folt” and “me nav 5 aint Woking”

The only useful idea in the entire thread was that about switching the time to UTC. As soon as Garmin release a fix, be sure we’ll hear about it.

Why have you got the power to decide if its "done to death?"

Its ok to have your opinion and if you think its done to death then dont read it anymore, but its ignorant to stop others communicating their views!

Wapping has the power. End of.

It might just be because every t,d and harry subverts the thread from the OP's question so that no information regarding the thread title is actually beneficial Time to close this thread before the audaciously funny and vitriolic response finds you..go Wapping.

“I bin speakin to garmin who sez its the sats folt” and “me nav 5 aint Woking”

The reason why I wrote that was to give folks who may be thinking of chopping their Nav V in for a Nav VI the confidence that a fix was indeed on its way for their existing SatNavs. Some cycnics (& TomTom afficionados) might have thought that Garmin would leave users in the lurch to encourage them to buy a new unit.

We have waited along time for something - and the process seems to be more complicated that many of us might have thought.

I am sorry to have tried your patience, Wapping.

John

Why have you got the power to decide if its "done to death?"

Its ok to have your opinion and if you think its done to death then dont read it anymore, but its ignorant to stop others communicating their views!

I think that you can only close a thread that you have started???? If so, seems perfectly ok to me.

And mods have the power.

I think that you can only close a thread that you have started???? If so, seems perfectly ok to me.

And mods have the power.

Users closing their own threads is acceptable, but I dont think its right for MODS to decide when others threads are closed. Sometimes threads are closed as no responses for a week or so, could be a load of reasons bod away, working no computer access for time etc.

I have made my points so I will close this thread now! Well was going to close but cant see how to do this!

Users closing their own threads is acceptable, but I dont think its right for MODS to decide when others threads are closed. Sometimes threads are closed as no responses for a week or so, could be a load of reasons bod away, working no computer access for time etc.

I have made my points so I will close this thread now! Well was going to close but cant see how to do this!

I don't think you've 'got' this at all.

Many moan because the OP (original poster) closes a thread, which they can do, but seem to do so when things don't go the way they expected.

Mods have to have the ability to close/delete - that's what mods do. If the OP was away and wants to add something, they can request it reopened from a mod.

You announcing you are intending closing the thread and not knowing how to do it just highlights what a croc this thread is :D

I don't think you've 'got' this at all.

Many moan because the OP (original poster) closes a thread, which they can do, but seem to do so when things don't go the way they expected.

Mods have to have the ability to close/delete - that's what mods do. If the OP was away and wants to add something, they can request it reopened from a mod.

You announcing you are intending closing the thread and not knowing how to do it just highlights what a croc this thread is :D

You Haven't got it!

I was asking why mods close threads when others may still want to comment, this is what a forum is for isn't it? I have no problems with users closing their own threads!

You Haven't got it!

I was asking why mods close threads when others may still want to comment, this is what a forum is for isn't it? I have no problems with users closing their own threads!

What do you think a mod is here for - seriously?

And I may be wrong, but don't think Wapping is a mod?

Mods should ensure forum rules are followed not closing threads on their opinion!

What do you think a forum is for? Isn't it for adding posts?

Mods should ensure forum rules are followed not closing threads on their opinion!

What do you think a forum is for? Isn't it for adding posts?

You're going to have to link a closed thread which you think has been unfairly closed, or folk will be confused...

Wapping closes his own threads because he wants to. You said that was ok.

If I was a mod, I'd close this one.

If I was a mod, I'd close this one.

Exactly my point, in your opinion you want the thread closed, others may or may not want it closed so why not just ignore the thread if you are not interested and let others continue!

Exactly my point, in your opinion you want the thread closed, others may or may not want it closed so why not just ignore the thread if you are not interested and let others continue!

FFS.

You asked why Wapping closes threads.

You have your answer.

I'd close it because it's making my eyes hurt :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom