Apple Music and Amazon etc

brianmaslen

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Advice required please. I have Apple Music which I use on both my iPhone and iPad which works fine but it’s £9.99 pm. My wife has just got a new Audi A1 with Apple CarPlay which works fine and it’s great for Google Maps etc. She wants music on her iPhone to use as and when in car or separate which I could do presumably by upgrading to Family membership at £14.99 pm. Is there a way I can let her use my account without paying the extra, i.e. as a another device? She would then be able to use her music through our home Sonos system.

Or should I change to Amazon Prime which gives music and we’ll get free delivery on goods purchased, do I also get Kindle books and movies and can we both get these things. would that work with Sonos?
Also if I cancel Apple Music will I lose the music I’ve downloaded to my iPhone and iPad etc.

Help very much appreciated.

Thanks but I think you have to pay for the Family Music account too, which is £14.99 pm.

IMHO Family Sharing for Apple Music at £14.99 is a fantastic deal. You can have up to 5 family members on the account (we have 3 kids) and have pretty much all the music in the world. Download al you want, stream all you want.

What's not to like? It's about the same price as buying one CD (remember those?) a month.

If you don't have kids, you can always give the remaining user slots to friends or family.

EDITED TO BETTER ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS:

Yes - you could set her up as another device - BUT (and it's a big but), she would need to be logged into her phone with your Apple ID, which would create merry hell if she uses any other Apple cloud services.

You could also get Amazon Prime - but I think that is also limited to a single account. IMHO, Amazon Prime is worth it anyway just for the free one day delivery on stuff. The music with standard Prime isn't as good a selection as Apple anyway.

Finally - yes. If you cancel Apple Music, you will lose anything you have downloaded. You won't lose anything you owned previously, or have bought, but any tracks downloaded under your Apple Music subscription will disappear. I think that's the same with all streaming services.

Back
Top Bottom