Killarney Hotels

PAL55

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Killarney area, with good parking for bikes.

Cheers

Not sure if this will help or hinder but I've travelled around the island of Ireland twice by motorcycle, once with the wife and once with my son; on neither occasion have I found it necessary to book accommodation in advance as there is so much choice it's just not necessary. Unless you've something specific to aim for in a particular place then just breeze along until you fancy a stop, there will always be somewhere to lay your head, from the smallest B&B to the grandest hotel. If your first choice is full then ask them for a recommendation, you won't be disappointed.

As that Man says, no need to be to concerned there about advanced booking, unless you have a specific need to be at a particular place.
We went last year, made a couple of bookings the day before along with a few look see`s.
Just chilax and enjoy.

Castle lodge guest house in Killarny (i'm sure it is killarny) was very good last year. You park out the front but it's well lit and felt safe to me. Ireland is a fab place to tour.
Enjoy.

About 8 years ago a group of about 10 of us went to Eire, we stayed three nights at the McSweeney Arms Hotel in Killarney. The food was great, as were the rooms and the hospitality. Parking is on the road, but it is safe, and the owner of the hotel made sure three vehicles were parked in front of the hotel that were moved to make space for us when we returned from our day trips.

Another vote for Castle Lodge from me. Brought a group of English/Scots/Irish bikers to killarney for three nights and we were all impressed with the hotel. If you ask, you can park your bikes down the side of the hotel and there's a nice big locked gate to keep them safe.

One thing I would say is that it would be best to pre book in killarney, there's pretty much never an off season there.

Killarney Plaza (The Plaza)
Lovely swish spot with underground parking.

As Sean mentions...... It would do no harm to book in advance with Killarney.

Sent from a U11

Thanks for the info guys, looking to base ourselves there and do a daily rideout. I think I will get something booked.

Thanks for the info guys, looking to base ourselves there and do a daily rideout. I think I will get something booked.

If you want, I can send you on some lovely routes to take and sights to see. Some other folk from this parish were kind enough to share some of their local knowledge 👍😊

Old Weir Lodge was lovely :beerjug: The rooms were large and comfortable and breakfast was excellent. I wouldn't describe the car park as secure, but it is around the back of the hotel away from view.

https://www.oldweirlodge.com/

Last Wednesday, up over Molls Gap heading towards Kenmare.

I really wished I had been on my bike...... It was a beautiful day.
e4202186a3dc5d28ffa2a8cf91b899dd.jpg

Sent from a U11

As others have said, you’ll get something without booking in Killarney, but it might not be the closest or what you wanted. Killarney is one of the busiest tourist towns in Ireland.
If doing the Gap of Dunloe, go early to avoid grumpy jarvey drivers.
Definitely do the Beara peninsula!
Wouldn’t worry too much about secure parking either.

Back
Top Bottom