E-Bike insurance - recommendations please

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickDB1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone a good company to recommend me please. I would be after home and away theft cover and maybe with euro cover as well
Thanks = BTW my home insurance "dont do cycle cover if it has a motor" :mad:

Hi Mick,

Just bought a couple of ebikes. The online price for insurance for one bike only was £250. The bike is valued at £4K. Contacted my home insurer and added them both to the policy for £40.00. The only condition is that when they are away from the home, they are locked to an immovable object.
So it may be cheaper to change your home insurer rather than insure the bikes separately.

Colin

Hi Mick,

Just bought a couple of ebikes. The online price for insurance for one bike only was £250. The bike is valued at £4K. Contacted my home insurer and added them both to the policy for £40.00. The only condition is that when they are away from the home, they are locked to an immovable object.
So it may be cheaper to change your home insurer rather than insure the bikes separately.

Colin

Mine did too - NFU Mutual

Hi Mick,
I've been with Pedalcover for the last couple of years. (www.pedalcover.co.uk)
Its buildings & contents cover, but includes home & away cover for any number of bikes up to a total value. (£12000 I think). Lots of other benefits too, personal accident, etc. Cost not much more than normal buildings & contents cover, & they are very helpful over the phone.
Chris.

Thanks again.
Just signed up to Halifax insurance top policy with 3 e bikes and loads of cover for home and contents. Job done. Ok cover for taking um abroard too for no more than 60 days per trip.
On tuther side of coin Tesco (who I was insured with before) dont do electric motorised cycles. To be fair and full credit to that company - The refunded as much as they could of my old policy and did NOT charge for doing it. Lad I spoke to had a assit cycle himself and had changed his insurance too.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom