Rothaus Brewery / Hotel in Grafenhausen, near the B500 and Schluchsee.

adm1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I cant help with the route planning, but I will throw in an absolutely first class option for a hotel, restaurant and brewery that I found by accident last year. I had a wheel bearing let go, so rode towards the nearest town to find somewhere to wait and phone for recovery. And the first suitable place to come across happened to be the Rothaus Brewery in Grafenhausen, cunningly located just off the B500 near Schluchsee.

https://www.brauereigasthof-rothaus.de

This place is an organic brewery with fantastic beer, and a lovely Gasthof and restaurant. Excellent food, reasonable room rates (I didn't stay in the hotel, but the rooms look good on the website)

Food, beer, brewery tours, B500. A short hop to Switzerland if you want to go that way. What's not to like?

Truly one of the nicest biers available to mankind ....

i-vSxWXZ5-L.jpg

:beerjug:

Truly one of the nicest biers available to mankind ....

i-vSxWXZ5-L.jpg

I’d never heard of this beer until two weeks ago when my local pub started saying they have something very special on for Christmas. Expensive but special.

Looking forward to trying it now.

I’d never heard of this beer until two weeks ago when my local pub started saying they have something very special on for Christmas. Expensive but special.

Looking forward to trying it now.

I hope it travels well

Enjoy :thumb2

Tannenzaepfle - lovely drop, used to drink loads of this when I lived in Berlin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tannenzaepfle, you can buy it online here in the UK.

Like a lot of foreign beers, I guess it never quite tastes the same away from its homeland. That being said, it is good beer; no doubt about that. In fact, so good: The only German Beer registered in the RPI due to its excellent quality and hop aroma.

Back
Top Bottom