Opinel Camping cook set knives

Eh?Mind you, there's no need to prick them if cooked correctly, in an oven or air fryer. :augie

This is correct!

9 times out of 10, I bang them in the oven and never prick them.

On the odd occasion they are shallow fried, I'll generally see what I'm up against before deciding whether or not they need pricking.
Cheap sausage like Richmond will get stabbed half to death (along it's length) as they defy science with their fat content. A good quality bangor will happily simmer in it's own juices.

Regarding Opinel, I had to take the fish filleting folder out of the camping box as it is insanely sharp .. and I'm usually too pissed to be trusted with it.
Another little wonder in my Opinel collection is the folding pruning saw. Had mine for a few years and still really sharp.

Totally agree on the round-ended No.7s, had a couple for several years now and are perfect for cutting and spreading.
b33f1e6a0d86d4cafa247d9dcdc0bcf9.jpg

My Opinel 7 (also branded as ‘My first Opinel’) has arrived in the post. So excited by the prospect of its arrival, I ordered one for a friend, too. Generosity knows bounds at this time of year.

My Opinel 7 (also branded as ‘My first Opinel’) has arrived in the post. So excited by the prospect of its arrival, I ordered one for a friend, too. Generosity knows bounds at this time of year.
Bearing in mind that they are touted as a 'child's first knife', they are exceptionally sharp! Perfect for picnics etc.
I also like to think that the rounded end somewhat offsets the fact that the blade locks in place and is therefore, technically, illegal.

I was about to say, you haven’t got an opinel of getting your butter lavishly spread this side of Christmas. But I won’t...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should be but I'm not really surprised that you ordinary folk have wasted post after post on the irrelevant shite about baguettes and croissants.....bread in English....when the worst culinary error has gone unremarked....PRICKING SAUSAGES. No. Never.

Took the plunge after considering a minimum 3 pages on a set of caravanning knives must be something good in disguise so started at the beginning ( a very good place to start) and got as far as this post by Gerard. Totally agree with you...."pricking sausages" for fukks sakes. That is for plebs that buy shite shausages and who can't be arsed to cook a sausage proper slow enough, without it exploding. We are surrounded by fekkin heathens, we really are.

Lakeland have run out !

The purchase power of the UKGSER forum strikes again!
I bought an Opinel in a French hypermarket some years back as I was after a folding knife - it's always good to be able pick up a locally made reminder of a trip.
Especially one that's useful, portable and practical. And (also?) like me - it was cheap...

Back
Top Bottom