WINDOWS 10 POP UP BOX ASKING TO ALLOW APP TO MAKE CHANGE TO THE COMPUTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As above the updater details are CLSID:{86D5EB8A-4C7B-A76B-2BD819B7A850}
I've read lots of stuff on the internet but unfortunately I don't understand it.
This seems to have started after an aborted update to the new Cardo installer which the AV booted out and also a major update to my AV Kaspersky.
From what I've read it doesn't seem malicious but could somebody that does know his stuff please advise.
Many thanks for any information.
Cheers G

This seems to have started after an aborted update to the new Cardo installer which the AV booted out and also a major update to my AV Kaspersky.

You may have a corrupt dll. Try this:

Right click the Start button and click Command Prompt (Run as Administrator) or just type "cmd" into the search box (bottom left).
Type: sfc /scannow and hit Enter. - It takes a while...

SFC is an acronym for System File Checker and the tool will check the integrity of Windows system files for corruption. If any are found, it will attempt to repair the file using the DLL repository.

Sometimes though, SFC cannot repair files and you'll see a message to the effect that file corruption was found, but Windows resource protection was unable to fix some of them.

In that event, copy and paste the following into the same command prompt window:

DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

When DISM runs, you won't see much happening in the screen for about five minutes, it'll just show a flashing cursor. But eventually, the figure of 20% will appear followed about 15 mins later by 100%. You'll also get a report on whether the tool was successful or not.

:clap Big thanks Redboots all sorted with Restorehealth:thumb2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom