Navigator stuck in cradle

yofi

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As per, my NavVI appears to be stuck in its cradle. The key turns but the lever at the back is stuck, and does not move. Anybody had this issue?

No

You could try a bit of penetrating fluid around the lever then give it nudge.

Farkle hook kit arrived. Anybody got any idea what I should be doing with it, other than cleaning my nails or poking myself in the eye?

Is it possible that you forced the unit into the cradle, when the key was in the locked position?

Whatever, this thread should help you understand the mechanism ........... https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/503605-Cannot-unlock-Satnav

Hey, that looks a really useful thread, thank you. :thumb

I don't recall doing anything out of the ordinary when I last put the nav in the cradle. Again, something I note from the vid on the thread you shared is that apparent slight resistance you should get when you turn the key - I'm sure mine used to be like that but isn't now. And no, haven't left the bike unattended over the period since the Nav last went on, so it's not a case of somebody fiddling with it.

I'll take a look - I'm not the best at these things, and if it looks like I might make it worse then off to the dealers I guess. Problem on that front is that my extended warranty is carrying a 250 quid excess!

Back
Top Bottom