R100 steering lock difficulty

Spaceman Spiff

Reaction score
Hi.

Having dramas with the steering lock on my R100R. Key fits, but unable to turn the lock or push it in.

Is there a way to fix it?
Is it a common problem?

I’ve tried some wd40 in the lock to loosen it off and clean it, but no luck.

Regards

Maybe ask yerself what yer going to do if it sticks in whilst locked.
Leave it alone and use some other security.

Yip right key, still fits the ignition and used to work fine.

Had to get some work done to the steering head, could it have jammed the lock or be misaligned??

Tried to engage the lock with. The handlebars in different positions, but it doesn’t even turn.

Had to get some work done to the steering head, could it have jammed the lock or be misaligned??

Why didn't you mention this little gem before people spent and wasted time thinking and replying?
Prior to knowing this, folk were thinking it was a bike that hadn't been worked on.

What was the "work done to the steering head"?

Steering head bearings shouldn't be an issue per se, unless somehow some spacers are fitted incorrectly and the headstock slot isn't lining up with the locking pin.

Steering head bearings shouldn't be an issue per se, unless somehow some spacers are fitted incorrectly and the headstock slot isn't lining up with the locking pin.

Not lining up still shouldn't stop the key from turning. I'm wondering how/what method the old bearing races were removed.

If key won't turn, could it be wrong key or different lock fitted on re-assembly? Lock cyl should turn even if it won't press into the steering stem.

Not lining up still shouldn't stop the key from turning. I'm wondering how/what method the old bearing races were removed.

<iframe width="966" height="621" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/16255nTjpcM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom