Relocating BMW led auxiliary lights on R1250 GS

It seems like I've done just the opposite on my 1250 GSA by moving them from the crash bars and fitting the BMW bracket under the beak. Although a bit fiddly, there was no problem with the length of the loom, but, I guess, that doesn't mean the GS & GSA looms are the same length, - but it's worth a try. You can just see the OE brackets on the crash-bars in the photo

Hi Mallard, I love what you have done with the OEM lights but can I ask where you got the brackets from? Cheers

The bracket is (I think) BMW part No: 77 51 8 389 189. It’s made for the GS model. The beak on the GSA is slightly different but you can make it fit.

As I didn’t know at the time whether the bracket would fit or not, I finished up buying it from BMW Bohling - it cost a little more than the Chinese copies you can get, but if it didn't fit, I could return it.

As I mentioned, although the bracket fits in exactly the same way as on the GS, it will not fit straight onto the GSA. I had to make up some 5cm spacers, together with longer bolts which allows the bracket to sit a little lower and clear the beak.

I finally decided to try extending the GS harness. I used 11.5 amp thin-walled automotive wiring and solder and seal connectors. Everything works properly and no faults showing on TFT.

I’ve just stumbled across this thread having spent the last 20 mins in the garage pondering over the position of my aux lights. They are on the light bar r1250 GS and I was wondering if they would fit further inside the cowling so less obtrusive.

Anyone done this? Photos please.

Back
Top Bottom