Monimoto Tracker - any users on here?

I'm thinking of one, just not sure where on the GSA is the best place to hide it. Ridercam TV have reviewed it a couple of times on YouTube, and they sing its praises.

Mark

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KHHemjSfJ9o" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>.....

I've got 1 on my GS. It's not as good as some of the subscription ones because it's all automatic- if your bike moves when the fob is out of range you get up to 2 automated calls from Monimoto to alert you. You then monitor it through the app on your phone BUT...if it does go walkabout you I don't think you get constant real time locations, just a new location every few minutes. You'll need to hide it on the bike- It needs to be somewhere not too buried on the bike as periodically you'll need to change the batteries. In summary it's not as good as the subscription ones but it's cheaper to buy and you only have to pay IIRC 30 euros a year for the sim card.

I forgot to add, obviously with no monitor centre involved if it does get nicked it'll be up to you to co-ordinate/inform the police etc.

I have one. Good low cost alternative to the monitored wired trackers but clearly not the same functionality.

No insurance benefits.

That said, my bike is generally close by so it's more of a silent alarm in the first instance then a basic tracker if it did get stolen.

Mines been reliable and worked well when tested.

I have mine on my CBR, bought it for £120ish when eBay were using a code. No complaints whatsoever, quality made bit of kit and does exactly what I'd expect for the money.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

I tested one of my two units yesterday, and had some strange results
The test was done in a car with the unit in the front seat and the car has a full gLast roof, good mobile service. The fob was present but in a double shielded case and the until could not see it.

The alarm took 5mins to activate and then each time it gave an update the exact location wasn’t available.
After 40 miles, we got a location, and even though we were in Kent, the tracker appeared that we were near Selby in the frozen north.

Another 20 mins and 5 missed updates (we should have had a location every 5 mins) it narrowed our search to 20miles from our location.

After stopping at Gerbing UK for 10 mins the unit had our location within 100m.

Ive got two, fantastic bit of kit. Bike moves and triggers a call to the phone and starts to live track. Its powered by a lithium battery so no chance of draining the bike. To save on the battery ive changed my daily updates to once weekly, essentially a text to say your bike is ok. £36 yearly charge its a no brainer

If you look at Infinity Motorcycles website under electronics they sell them.

At checkout put code TOUR10 in the system and you can get one for £134.99

cheers Ali

I was really surprised that it was 50 miles before it even gave a close track, but that’s a huge time delay and most of the 5min updates it missed, could not get real-time tracking it was supposed to be 5mins.

Has anyone else actually tested it’s accuracy and how long before accurate fix?

All reviewers like stuff like this, without actually doing a proper review.

Oh look I have 'unboxed' (horrendous word) this and here are the specs.

It drives the youtube algorithm, people watch and they get paid.

Also they get other shite to review by other companies which in turn increases their revenue.

Also they get other shite to review by other companies which in turn increases their revenue.
Absolutely spot on !!! And “Use the link below it helps the channel.” Meaning I get paid for “reviewing this shite !

Lyndon was the guy that had his bikes stolen while parked at the Macdonalds at Harlow, remember?

tom

Back
Top Bottom