What to do when your VPN is leaking?

combination

Reaction score
I have a VPN for secure financial transactions. I was recently out of country and needed to transfer some out of money. So, I connected my VPN and checked whether it is leaking or not. It was showing that it is connected but when I checked on: https://www.purevpn.com/what-is-my-ip it was showing my location and not the location I choose it to be. What should I do now? :nenau I contacted their support but their support is also not giving any logical reasoning just dragging the issue.

Thanks in advance for helping me!

Some of the better(?) VPN's have a kill switch.
I use Nordvpn and that has 2 kill switches.
One, at the application level where you specify applications that must have the VPN active. If its not, the app is killed.

The other one is a system level switch and will disconnect the network entirely if the VPN is not connected.

Try this link to test for leaks: tenta.com/test.

I also prefer VPN with kill switch feature. Therefore, i prefer to use Expressvpn. Network Lock is the ExpressVPN kill switch. It keeps your data safe even if your VPN connection drops, blocking all internet traffic until protection is restored.

With Network Lock, the ironclad privacy and security defenses of ExpressVPN are always in your corner, even when the power flickers, you change Wi-Fi networks, or your computer goes to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom