A RIDE TO THE OTHER SIDE......

And I have replied!

2413698ba0cb249c67d6472e0e0bcab5.jpg
99fae262e101f24cde1d2f2c0420b73d.jpg
44ecbf004001508fa29d7f660f96ba83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Decided to go with the Mosko Moto Nomad tank bag as it is a really well made bit of kit and not too obtrusive when standing up on the pegs...... brilliant design with several layers each with various zipped pockets of all sizes....even a lined one for sunglasses......the hydration pack fits in the bottom so ya not carrying it on your back. Underneath there are straps tucked in which pull out to make it a rucksack when leaving the bike. A map pocket is also provided.
More to come on vaccines, visas and more farkling......

Attachments

• F7D224E6-90FB-4827-8A64-4FE5C29C8685.jpg
    F7D224E6-90FB-4827-8A64-4FE5C29C8685.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 623
  • 710240C3-DE25-4C5F-B4F8-92DFF2D13901.jpg
    710240C3-DE25-4C5F-B4F8-92DFF2D13901.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 636
  • C8515488-EBC6-46F1-ABDE-BBCF1F97321A.jpg
    C8515488-EBC6-46F1-ABDE-BBCF1F97321A.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 649
  • C70AD5A9-2D15-429A-8D19-3602077FD8D1.jpg
    C70AD5A9-2D15-429A-8D19-3602077FD8D1.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 648
The Aussie taxi.......

Attachments

• 2734D139-473A-4CC2-AA4F-1466561E3006.jpg
    2734D139-473A-4CC2-AA4F-1466561E3006.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 652
  • 78DC1EAB-4DBD-4BE2-BBF3-B92DACDAB3D0.jpg
    78DC1EAB-4DBD-4BE2-BBF3-B92DACDAB3D0.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 648
Hydration tube,

i assume you have to be sat whilst having a drink..
But ....does it reach your lips ...whilst sat upright..and without leaning forward to slurp....

Reach is no problem......be nice to stick in freezer overnight if it’s a bit hot.......that’s if they av freezers in mud huts..:blast

Well you could have a look at the Mosko Moto Backcountry 35. This is what I went for on my KTM 790S - love the low seat height. Tractive suspension on order for it.

Great trip you have lined up.

So today I applied for an international driving licence online.....cost £35 which is a tad more than post office but I couldn’t be bothered to pay £18000 to park in Sheffield and then queue in post office for 6 days....
Started removing various bits off the bike as I thought it may be a good idea to know a little about it...was going to remove rear wheel..then I thought fuck it.....:nenau.
I’ve decided to invest in a new set of boots as my sidi adventures are a bit knackered after many years and miles......so I’m liking the look of the Revit expedition H20 which offer a superb amount of protection and seem to get good reviews...but...they are the cost of a small bus.....so do I stick with sidi or opt for total ankle / shin safety..bearing in mind I’ll be living in these most of the time.......anyone tried the Revit boot ??

Don't want to state the obvious, but have you looked at the Adventure-Spec Magadan panniers.

They're a bomb proof pannier designed for this sort of trip. Can also be rack mounted, they're tough, designed to be fairly cut proof and have security features which a lot of soft panniers don't have.

Could be worth a look. :thumb2

So today I applied for an international driving licence online.....cost £35 which is a tad more than post office but I couldn’t be bothered to pay £18000 to park in Sheffield and then queue in post office for 6 days....
Started removing various bits off the bike as I thought it may be a good idea to know a little about it...was going to remove rear wheel..then I thought fuck it.....:nenau.
I’ve decided to invest in a new set of boots as my sidi adventures are a bit knackered after many years and miles......so I’m liking the look of the Revit expedition H20 which offer a superb amount of protection and seem to get good reviews...but...they are the cost of a small bus.....so do I stick with sidi or opt for total ankle / shin safety..bearing in mind I’ll be living in these most of the time.......anyone tried the Revit boot ??

I have both and the revitts are brilliant easy to walk in but really comfortable and the boa fastening is so easy for outright protection I think the sidis have the edge but both brilliant boots

I have both and the revitts are brilliant easy to walk in but really comfortable and the boa fastening is so easy for outright protection I think the sidis have the edge but both brilliant boots
Which is the warmer boot ?
It looks like a tight boot to get on the revit.....My Sidi have let a bit of water in on the odd occasion so that’s why I’m thinking of changing.......

Which is the warmer boot ?
It looks like a tight boot to get on the revit.....My Sidi have let a bit of water in on the odd occasion so that’s why I’m thinking of changing.......

I would say the Revitts are warmer and if I was wearing them everyday it would be them been in torrential rain no issues but also on my second pair of Sidis and never an issue.Sidis have more protection,

I would say the Revitts are warmer and if I was wearing them everyday it would be them been in torrential rain no issues but also on my second pair of Sidis and never an issue.Sidis have more protection,
I’m surprised at that as I thought from watching YouTube reviews that revit offered more ankleand shin protection and I suppose they both squeak like Prince Andy’s girlfriends....

I’m surprised at that as I thought from watching YouTube reviews that revit offered more ankleand shin protection and I suppose they both squeak like Prince Andy’s girlfriends....

The revitts definitely dont squeak and the Sidis are adventure 2s in suede much quieter than 1s

I see a few issues for you here mate

They wont serve lobster and champagne in outer kazakhstan so you will be hungry

A good chance of waking up with one less Kidney in China

And of course your favourite, getting bummed by a Lorry driver from Turkmenistan

Hey Rick ... have you ever been to Kazakhstan, or to China, or to Turkmenistan?

Thought not .... I've ridden my motorcycle overland to all three, so you're just guessing and listening to old wives tales :D

See you and Camel Toe next Friday, it's my birthday .... first beers on me :beer:

Good one John (Camel Toe) :thumb

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom