A RIDE TO THE OTHER SIDE......

Camel Toe

Reaction score
So.....decision made.....me and my pal from ooop north..Durham....have decided to ride from UK to Oz.
We kick off in April and ride down to the bottom of Italy with a few detours along the way...then Bari across to Albania, Greece, Turkey, Georgia Azerbaijan..ferry from Baku to Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan,Kyrgyzstan, China, Everest, Laos, Thailand and ship bikes to Darwin........
Having been a gsa rider for many years I’ve decided that a smaller bike for when, not if, but when I drop it several times will be easier to pick up.:blast.....so what am I going on..........KTM790R....yes I’ve read all the shit about problems but we will soon see.....
New bike purchased so need to get a few miles on and iron out the problems along with all the farkling to be done.....
My buddy may...may...do it on his KTM1290R :nenau....more on this later.....
So I’ve sat on the 790R in the dealers and realised it would be a great help if my fekkin feet reached the ground ....anyway deal is done....off with the two inch screen and on with a larger version.
Now to sort luggage....soft or hard....yes I know....hard is always good :D:D. Maybe soft for this trip...I’m open to suggestions..
Right then.....I aim to keep this running as we build up to the big one and hopefully through to Bangkok or Oz......I’m off to collect the bike now I’ve had my legs stretched...........

Sounds good !

I can recommend Bumot luggage.Either the ally Defender panniers or Xtremada soft panniers. Both fit on the same frames.I have both and prefer the latter.
2c12524266cfb49eb454d2c6a11411a8.jpg
a01d293e6dec065fd92b4a8a07431519.jpg
9e7bc3ee7ae582928376f725e1b6662f.jpg

wow in for the long haul for this one ,good luck on your journey.:thumb2

Like the look off those Arsey.......my only concern is the obvious one....security. Then again there two of os so one stays with the bikes.....I also want to keep it as narrow as poss.......I’ve got the Bumot hard stuff on my 1250 gsa and love it

Some say I’m taking this biking love too far....:nenau:nenau

Attachments

• E9D92072-9D18-4C5E-AFA3-5E847129FE2D.jpg
    E9D92072-9D18-4C5E-AFA3-5E847129FE2D.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 1,303
I see a few issues for you here mate

They wont serve lobster and champagne in outer kazakhstan so you will be hungry

A good chance of waking up with one less Kidney in China

And of course your favourite, getting bummed by a Lorry driver from Turkmenistan

Never used soft panniers, would they be up to the hard use you would be putting them through on such a journey?

I see a few issues for you here mate

They wont serve lobster and champagne in outer kazakhstan so you will be hungry

A good chance of waking up with one less Kidney in China

And of course your favourite, getting bummed by a Lorry driver from Turkmenistan

no but i mite get yak soup or ducks eye balls......as for the lorry driver i think my arse will be so numb i wouldn't know.....:D

I have the full Bumot set - KTM frames, tool box, soft panniers for sale if you’re interested ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom