New bike day!

OK, So a Bit of a hijack coming up, but Are Bimota's any good? Ive got a hankering (as opposed to a hankering for an R11S..), and there is an SB6R "round the corner" so to speak. Id like to have something 4 cylinders, a bit rare/different. Cant really see myself spending that cash (5K - 19K Km's) on something "german"...They may not be the fastest and all, but I believe the engineering quality is top notch. Its only when you look at the details you realise the cost from an engineering standpoint, and they are just a little bit sexy...So are they any good ? reliability etc - or should I run a mile ?

Reliability shouldn’t really be an issue,
Bimota didn’t make the engine,wheels,brakes ,etc etc.
You buy these bikes with the heart,not the head:blast
Just don’t crash it or you will be introduced to a whole world of pain as the parts are rarer than unicorn piss:D

It’s a db5,
Not much history,but it’s either a factory prototype of the db6 diserio,or it’s been street fightered or crashed.
The factory db5 had a full fairing and underseat exhausts.
The prototype theory could be correct as there is absolutely no evidence of damage,
The nose fairing(obv not pictured),front mudguard and seat unit are all handmade in alloy.
If it was crashed there would be a tell somewhere.

That explains it . I couldn’t understand where the rest of it was not the odd exhaust. I’ve a soft spot for Bimotas and some of them don’t fetch silly money . I saw the new H2R based one in Milan though and it’s “striking” for sure but it’s no beauty . I came close to buying a Mantra a few years ago .

It’s got the 1000cc air cooled Ducati motor,@95bhp
Orig spec states 157kg but this has no fairing or underseat pipes so prob less than 150 kg
Very lively;)

That exhaust pipe looks like a GPR one - I've got one on my air-cooled 1098 Monster and it sounds lovely!

So that’s what it looks like. It’s lovely and you should make an effort to keep it through the summer :rob

Back
Top Bottom