Aux lights

Would it be possible to bolt the light directly to where the the top bracket fastener is, or is there nothing substantial at the back of it?

Would it be possible to bolt the light directly to where the the top bracket fastener is, or is there nothing substantial at the back of it?

Sod all at the back apart from an M5 fastener - which would revolve so on its own it’s not the best fastening position. 2 maybe 3 securing points are really ideal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be very helpful if you would do that. Drilling the fairing referred to the wires. The brackets I bought use the existing mounting points for the fairings. Actually the lights are in a similar position to the Wunderlich lights for the XR on NN's site.

As promised - it’s in two posts as I can only do one image at a time pal. This one shows where the cable goes in from the light side (or outside!)
2f9092f098b3595f087505e650a673c4.jpg

And this one shows where it ends up - I’ve raised it so you can see the cable but it fits neatly under the black panel and exits further down in the direction of said finger :)

Hope this helps
f8f71cac7401e29965ef1fd51afdf668.jpg

Thanks for that. My brackets stick out a bit so if you can modify yours to tuck the lights in tighter to the fairing then I may swap over to yours.

Guys is this any better? I’ve tucked them in closer to the bike.
761f114cdc222b1303c51d7064553cf9.jpg

Thanks for that. My brackets stick out a bit so if you can modify yours to tuck the lights in tighter to the fairing then I may swap over to yours.

Fella I’m painfully aware that you’ve already purchased some brackets so if you do like the look of mine I’ll do them at a silly price for you as I’d be a bit miffed if I’d already bought something and saw something better!

Hi Mark
For me that looks much better.
Still wide so as to give good visibility but now looking as if they are meant to be there.
Good job.

They want to be about 'here'

How you do it is up to you ... I know nothing about the modern BMW's :D

:beerjug:

Attachments

• 761f114cdc222b1303c51d7064553cf9.jpg
    761f114cdc222b1303c51d7064553cf9.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 268
The problem with this Mark is the farkled up look of the S1000XR leans more to sporty than adventure, so owners are more focussed on the look than the usability of additional lights..

For me (and I suspect many other owners) the aesthetics just don't work.

The problem with this Mark is the farkled up look of the S1000XR leans more to sporty than adventure, so owners are more focussed on the look than the usability of additional lights..

For me (and I suspect many other owners) the aesthetics just don't work.

Totally agree - it wasn’t anything I’ve been keen to do as it’s not a GS, I’ve been responding to a customer request.

I’ve been surprised, however, by the XR owners who have commented on the poor lighting and asking for a solution for mounting brackets. There seems to be a market for them.

I guess there’s people out there (with respected opinions of course) who weigh visibility over aesthetics- I can understand this.

Sadly it’s not a bike that you can easily hang things off!

Totally agree - it wasn’t anything I’ve been keen to do as it’s not a GS, I’ve been responding to a customer request.

I’ve been surprised, however, by the XR owners who have commented on the poor lighting and asking for a solution for mounting brackets. There seems to be a market for them.

I guess there’s people out there (with respected opinions of course) who weigh visibility over aesthetics- I can understand this.

Sadly it’s not a bike that you can easily hang things off!

Agree with all that Mark and the solution you're working on is better than most!

Keep developing.

Back
Top Bottom