Aux lights

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve found the standard lights on the XR something that might have been improved on (not knocking the bike - it’s awesome and far faster than me!) however I’ve designed some brackets so aux lights can be fitted.

As always I never ever think I know it all (IQ of a mess tin handle and all of that) so I’d be really thankful if any positive suggestions.

The brackets seem to fit ok and do the job - I’ve tried to get a balance between width (the bigger the better) and the lights just sticking out too far?

Thanks for any help to help me get it right!

4ab4a0b333f533b37da3c36873a71fed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Mark but it doesn't work for me.
I guess fixing within the width of the fairing is difficult? Indicator level. Or under the headlight area?

Sorry Mark but it doesn't work for me.
I guess fixing within the width of the fairing is difficult? Indicator level. Or under the headlight area?

Good valid point pal, I’ve gone for a balance but that’s not to say it’s right - the guy who asked me to design something requested ‘as far apart as poss’ so I guess, yup, it’s all subjective.

Very hard to get anchor points under beak tho so I’m stuck to the sides

Bought these of e-bay they keep. Just needed to engage the light mount hole a little. The lights look good but I'm not allowed to complete the installation till after xmas as they are a xmas press.

Attachments

• IMG_2729.jpg
    IMG_2729.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_2728.jpg
    IMG_2728.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 450
Bought these of e-bay they keep. Just needed to engage the light mount hole a little. The lights look good but I'm not allowed to complete the installation till after xmas as they are a xmas press.

They look good - how much were they? I think I’m going to add a bracket to give the option of moving the spots closer into the bike

did you drill the fairing for the wire or is it just tucked underneath. Not much gap on mine for routing the wire.?

did you drill the fairing for the wire or is it just tucked underneath. Not much gap on mine for routing the wire.?

Aaaargh - drilling bodywork - aaaargh.

I can only speak of the ones I’ve knocked together - I used existing fastening points (and I’m sure others do too?) and as for t wiring I tucked it under the black plastic ‘bib’ or ‘mantle’ if that makes any sense?

If it helps, for my brackets or whatever, I’m happy to pop back into work tmoz and photo where I’ve routed my cable.

That would be very helpful if you would do that. Drilling the fairing referred to the wires. The brackets I bought use the existing mounting points for the fairings. Actually the lights are in a similar position to the Wunderlich lights for the XR on NN's site.

That would be very helpful if you would do that. Drilling the fairing referred to the wires. The brackets I bought use the existing mounting points for the fairings. Actually the lights are in a similar position to the Wunderlich lights for the XR on NN's site.

Ah ok - price sounds good, I suspect the NN wlich ones were much much more.

And yeah, I’ll pop in and do that. Historically (the GS lads know this) on a Friday I normally need assistance to breathe such is my happiness with Happy Friday so if you wouldn’t mind please feel free to drop me a text on 07713 789365 tmoz as a reminder and I’ll happily photo what I mean!

And if there’s anything in our XR section you want any further info about just ask eh?

www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk

Might be just me,

But the angles look wrong R/ L

it looks like the LH (from the riders POV) is too low

Had one of those small LED lights on my G650Xcountry for years Mark ... great quality :thumb

i-T3gKHzx-L.jpg

Yes, they want tucking in out of the way ;)

All the best

:beerjug:

Had one of those small LED lights on my G650Xcountry for years Mark ... great quality :thumb

i-T3gKHzx-L.jpg

Yes, they want tucking in out of the way ;)

All the best

:beerjug:

Hi Micky how ya doing? Good to hear from you.

And yeah they are pretty good eh for what you can pay for them and yes tucked away is deffo better.

All the best for Xmas

Mark

Do BMW do Aux lights for the XR? if so perhaps someone with them fitted could send you some photos to see where they are mounted?

Do BMW do Aux lights for the XR? if so perhaps someone with them fitted could send you some photos to see where they are mounted?

Not sure - I would’ve thought so but I haven’t seen any photos etc

Back
Top Bottom