Engine oil

homew151

Reaction score
hi all,

i know this is probably basic for most of you so apologies :nenau,,

i went through the owners manual for my bike R1250 GSA Te 2019. and it says that i should use ''BMW Motorrad ADVANTEC Ultimate oil'' to stop engine parts getting damaged :confused::confused:

this is what they say :rob:rob:rob

''SAE 5W-40, API SL / JASO MA2, Additives
(e.g. molybdenum-based) are not permissible
because they can attack coated components
of the engine, BMW Motorrad recommends
BMW Motorrad ADVANTEC Ultimate oil. '' :confused::confused::confused:

is this true? if not what oil would you recommend ?? am looking at Castrol EDGE 5W-40 but i dont understand the rest of it... ''SAE, API, SL,/ JASO MA2''

many thanks in advance

hi all,

i know this is probably basic for most of you so apologies :nenau,,

i went through the owners manual for my bike R1250 GSA Te 2019. and it says that i should use ''BMW Motorrad ADVANTEC Ultimate oil'' to stop engine parts getting damaged :confused::confused:

this is what they say :rob:rob:rob

''SAE 5W-40, API SL / JASO MA2, Additives
(e.g. molybdenum-based) are not permissible
because they can attack coated components
of the engine, BMW Motorrad recommends
BMW Motorrad ADVANTEC Ultimate oil. '' :confused::confused::confused:

is this true? if not what oil would you recommend ?? am looking at Castrol EDGE 5W-40 but i dont understand the rest of it... ''SAE, API, SL,/ JASO MA2''

many thanks in advance

As long as it meets the API or JASO spec you will be ok to use any manufacturer’s oil.

If you don’t understand the specification then stick to using whatever your BMW dealer recommends:)

P.S. you spelled Biggleswade incorrectly :)

The important bit is the JASO part as that identifies it as specific motorcycle oil suitable for use with wet clutches which the LC has. Use something that hasn't got it that is designed for car engines to reduce wear and you risk contaminating the plates potentially causing the clutch to slip

Back
Top Bottom