1250 GSA Frame bungs

slystewart

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any one recommend frame bungs for the 1250 GSA there seems so many different sets and various prices thanks

Any one recommend frame bungs for the 1250 GSA there seems so many different sets and various prices thanks

Round plastic things for keeping shite out!

Buy on e bay, only two that are a little different are the two larger angled ones, still round plastic things for keeping shite out but Gs specific.

Apart from the angled ones £1 a bung on eBay, don’t over think this one they are what they are.

If you want the angled holes filling you seem to be stuck with the expensive sets. Wunderlich have a 9 piece set of rubber bungs at around 45 quid but you still need another two angled bungs for the gsa front bars at £9:50 and one or two extras for the rear racks.
Stupid prices and best advice I’ve heard is “if you want to save money....don’t buy a BMW motorcycle”

If you want the angled holes filling you seem to be stuck with the expensive sets. Wunderlich have a 9 piece set of rubber bungs at around 45 quid but you still need another two angled bungs for the gsa front bars at £9:50 and one or two extras for the rear racks.
Stupid prices and best advice I’ve heard is “if you want to save money....don’t buy a motorcycle”

Fixed it for ya.:blast:D

There used to be a subscriber called Gregd on the forum that sold good quality sets for £13. I had a set off him and they do exactly what is says on the tin and are good quality etc.

Just type round plastic bungs in on eBay every size you can think of, at about 20p to 50p each, Then type in motorcycle frame plug same items 5 to 10 times the price?

Have you found that from personal experience @stick?
Reason for asking is I was advised to fit some to my GSA in order to prevent water ingress which could lead to rusting.

Have you found that from personal experience @stick?
Reason for asking is I was advised to fit some to my GSA in order to prevent water ingress which could lead to rusting.

Yep , got them on the bench as took them out of the last bike , I found the water and crud still founds its way in , I don't use them now , but I do use a bike blower and take care every time I wash the bike to make sure the whole thing is dry .
If you just wash and go the water can sit in there and cause more problems than just leaving them open.
There are drain hole but they don't get ride of all the water.

Back
Top Bottom