Heated gloves

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
I've decided I'm going to get some heated gloves as its difficult to fit heated grips on my bike (Ducati 899). These seem to be the best option I've found so far :

https://gerbing.co.uk/new-gerbing-microwirepro-xr-heated-gloves.html

xr_front.jpg

Seem to be a newer model, look OK, CE protection and 12v wired so should be a decent amount of heat, also it's their latest 'MicrowirePRO' design whatever that means.

Anty other recommendations ?

RBW.

I've had a pair of the Gerbing Hybrid gloves for around 8 years, they broke last year, sent them back to Gerbing under their lifetime warranty and they got replaced with a new pair. The gloves have been brilliant had them on over this week and haven't had them higher than the first heat setting and no heated grips on. Good kit, good company

Be prepared for a slew of "I think Warm 'n Safe, Keis, Ventureheat, Oxford, Blazewear are great" replies.

I don't there is much to choose between the brands, since they are all made in the Far East. I might look for the option of a handlebar remote to control the heat. It seems to me that one might have to take one's hand off the throttle to adjust the heat in the left hand with some of these gloves.

Personally I have a pair of Gerbing gloves that uses one adjuster to control the heat in both hands and pair of Keis for my pillion and have no complaints about either.

I would go somewhere to try a pair on to get the size right.

Be prepared for a slew of "I think Warm 'n Safe, Keis, Ventureheat, Oxford, Blazewear are great" replies.

You did though manage to get your own plug in for Gerbing... and Keis.... but forgot the true bikers’ stalwart companion..... the muff!

Is there any particular reason you want wired gloves apposed to battery powered gloves? for not alot more, you can et battery powered gloves that aren't the £300 price pointed Ixon / Keis options.

https://www.motocentral.co.uk/rst-paragon-heated-ce-mens-waterproof-glove-black-black.html

batteries in heated gear are fine if your journeys are short but pretty useless if you are planning a long trip as I have yet to see a battery that lasts more than 3 hours - your description does not give any indication of battery performance. Batteries also need replacement after a period of time.

I have the Gerbing G1 and they work really well. My only criticism is that the cuff is fiddly to get inside my "double gusset" cuffs on my jacket.

The new XR looks to be an improvement with knuckle protection, a tight fitting cuff to allow it to go inside a jacket easier and individual glove controllers (G1 needs a separate inline one)

I use a Gerbing heated jacket and I'm thinking of adding gloves to it but will look at the short cuff version. I read loads of reviews and only went with the Gerbing as they are in stock in my local dealer. They also offer a wireless remote for a decent price, I know some of the other brands can be expensive.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

My recommendation is to look at heated glove LINERS. Then you can wear them under a good pair of uninsulated GoreTex gloves. That way you will stay warm AND dry.

I have a pair of Gerbings heated gloves and they are good, but bulky and will wet out if its particularly wet. I find myself going for the Warm'n'Safe heated glove liners inside a pair of fairly cheap Spidi GoreTex gloves if I am going to be out in the cold/rain for any amount of time. This combo also gives a better feel on the bars as my Gerbings gloves are pretty bulky.

Liners are the dog’s dangly bits, no doubt about it. Controlled separately from the jacket, perfect.

I have some Powerlet ones, which are all but identical to the ones from the UK, sold by Infinity. Truly excellent but (despite having medium sized hands) I had to go two or three sizes up in Rukka summer waterproof glove sizes to get them on over the top.

Thanks for the replies as they are helpful. It doesn't look like there are any major issues with Gerbing from the replies, so popped over to the Sportsbikshop warehouse in Boston and purchased a pair, fit seems spot on too.

:beerjug:

RBW.

I've had a pair of the Gerbing Hybrid gloves for around 8 years, they broke last year, sent them back to Gerbing under their lifetime warranty and they got replaced with a new pair. The gloves have been brilliant had them on over this week and haven't had them higher than the first heat setting and no heated grips on. Good kit, good company

:thumb2

I don't there is much to choose between the brands, since they are all made in the Far East. I might look for the option of a handlebar remote to control the heat. It seems to me that one might have to take one's hand off the throttle to adjust the heat in the left hand with some of these gloves.

Personally I have a pair of Gerbing gloves that uses one adjuster to control the heat in both hands and pair of Keis for my pillion and have no complaints about either.

I would go somewhere to try a pair on to get the size right.

:thumb2 Size seemed perfect on first try, lovely and soft leather too.

I have the Gerbing G1 and they work really well. My only criticism is that the cuff is fiddly to get inside my "double gusset" cuffs on my jacket.

The new XR looks to be an improvement with knuckle protection, a tight fitting cuff to allow it to go inside a jacket easier and individual glove controllers (G1 needs a separate inline one)

Thanks Wessie, I went for the XR with a slightly smaller cuff than the XRL, and yes as you say for long trips bike powered is much better.

I use a Gerbing heated jacket and I'm thinking of adding gloves to it but will look at the short cuff version. I read loads of reviews and only went with the Gerbing as they are in stock in my local dealer. They also offer a wireless remote for a decent price, I know some of the other brands can be expensive.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

:beerjug:

On the subject of heated gloves - KEIS in particular - I wonder just how good they are. I recently bought some KEIS G601 and find that to keep my hands comfortably warm in temperature around 2 - 4 degrees, I need to use the heated grips in addition to the gloves as they do not sufficiently heat around my fingers.

I think is disappointing considering that the gloves themselves were close on £200 and at the moment I'm not too happy and am wondering if my gloves are faulted. Does anyone have any different experience? Am I expecting too much from them?

Are you using the gloves at 12V or battery powered?

I think this is a matter of the individuals constitution. I have low blood pressure, so even with a heated jacket I need heated gloves and socks (all this "core temperature" stuff doesn't work with me at all).

If I am riding in in 2-4 degrees - which might be -4 with windchill factored in - I often use the heated grips set on a low setting as there are no heating elements in the palms of my gloves.

If you're worried try on another pair.

The Keis like most others only heat the back of your hand some heat does spread to the inner fingers but not much, thats why most still use heated grips.

Liners are the dog’s dangly bits, no doubt about it. Controlled separately from the jacket, perfect.

I have some Powerlet ones, which are all but identical to the ones from the UK, sold by Infinity. Truly excellent but (despite having medium sized hands) I had to go two or three sizes up in Rukka summer waterproof glove sizes to get them on over the top.

Hello again Wapping!!
I already have a pair of Powerlet Liners which I dug out of my Personal Emporium yesterday.
Thing is though, I have a Gerbing Single (On / Off) Controller, is it alright to use that or would I need a Multi-Setting one??

RW - Apologies for the Hijacking of your Thread :beerjug:

Hello again Wapping!!
I already have a pair of Powerlet Liners which I dug out of my Personal Emporium yesterday.
Thing is though, I have a Gerbing Single (On / Off) Controller, is it alright to use that or would I need a Multi-Setting one??

RW - Apologies for the Hijacking of your Thread :beerjug:

I can’t remember how the jacket and gloves are wired internally. You could try running the gloves and jacket off the single controller; if it works great. If it doesn’t or if you want to control the temperature of the gloves separately from the jacket, switch to the dual controller and receiver.

Well, that's a bit disappointing.

The right glove didn't seem to be very hot on the first ride, and after one outing it now no longer switches on at all. I assume there is a faulty wire somewhere, but it's in the glove as swapped the cables and still the same.

On top of that the heat is very subtle, even on the hottest setting and Im really not sure it's worth the faff of having cables.

Gloves are going back for a refund as not convinced on the quality of the gloves or the amount of heat.

RBW.

Well, that's a bit disappointing.

The right glove didn't seem to be very hot on the first ride, and after one outing it now no longer switches on at all. I assume there is a faulty wire somewhere, but it's in the glove as swapped the cables and still the same.

On top of that the heat is very subtle, even on the hottest setting and Im really not sure it's worth the faff of having cables.

Gloves are going back for a refund as not convinced on the quality of the gloves or the amount of heat.

RBW.

Did you buy the glove type shown in your first picture with the heat control on the cuff? If so, it seems that Gerbing might be having teething problems with that new-for-2020 glove.

Back
Top Bottom