Recommend me an internet radio

Comfy Old Boots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m looking for something, portable and battery operated that she can use around the house. She likes to take it with her when doing house work. I’d rather not spend a fortune. Anyone any expertise they could share? Thanks.

Sonos Move.

Excellent sound, battery and mains powered, has accompanying app for phone/computer etc and will give you access to every internet radio station on the planet. As well as any digital music you already have and every streaming service.

The only downside is it's expensive. But probably almost worth it.

Thanks lads, I’ll check those out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why not just download a Radio app onto the mobile phone? I use one called Radioplayer and it is great.

Listening to Radio Paradise from my phone just now. Recommended on this very site. :thumb

That is a really good idea. She just wants to listen to Rte or bbc. I’ve just had one of those eureka moments. Thanks.

Listening to Radio Paradise from my phone just now. Recommended on this very site. :thumb

Have you downloaded it to the cache, so that you can play it in the car or anywhere else without using data....?

Thanks gang. I’m really delighted I asked. I love the look of the earlier suggestions but internet radio on the phone is perfect. Otis it?!! I’ll talk to the boss and see what she thinks. She is 70 and shit hot on the tech but might prepare a proper radio that is not her phone. If anyone has a suggestion below 50 quid throw it at me. Think I’ll start using those apps myself!

Errr.... Ummm ... :nenau

You can download hours and hours and hours from all of the streams - Main, Mellow, Rock, Eclectic in your choice of bitrate - Low, Medium, High, Ultra, ALAC while you're on wifi. You can then play it from your phone via your car radio or headphones or whatever, when you're out and about without using data or having a phone signal or internet connection.

Done! Brilliant Mike. Many thanks. Here's the .very first song from the dl ...
:steptoe

Thanks gang. I’m really delighted I asked. I love the look of the earlier suggestions but internet radio on the phone is perfect. Otis it?!! I’ll talk to the boss and see what she thinks. She is 70 and shit hot on the tech but might prepare a proper radio that is not her phone. If anyone has a suggestion below 50 quid throw it at me. Think I’ll start using those apps myself!

Use the phone with an app but then just add a decent Bluetooth speaker, which you can carry about.

Plenty to chose from. You could get a good one for £50 and some pretty alright ones for less. Amazon has a good selection.

Good idea. Have a couple of Bluetooth speakers knocking about. Had a chat with her a few mins ago, me thinks she would prepare a separate radio. I’ll sort it out. Lots of options.

Amazon Echo (Dot or regular) are fab, with great sound quality and will play all the mainstream stations.

+1 for echo, you can transfer it around the house and reconnects to WiFi straight away, I had to link my bbc & radio paradise accounts but apart from that simples, and only 22 quid:)

Al.

Back
Top Bottom