Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

There's a YouTube channel called "stuart fillingham" which is worth a watch. He has a lot of content about his Enfield 650.

You can use any bike for Blood Bikes provided it has a rack and if possibly panniers.

Whatever you carry should be covered with a waterproof 'Blood' protective cover anyway so, as long as it is secure, you'll be fine.

Whether or not you're happy to ride it in the rain and without a screen is another matter.

Do you also have access to a liveried bike?

I know a lady Doctor who uses her Harley for Blood Bike runs...

Oh - you're joking :blast

Over the years I’ve seen many bikes used by volunteers, yes we have liveried bikes, they are not always convenient or available or as in my case I prefer to use my own.

Volunteers ride every make and model you can imagine, mainly >600 cc but cruisers, sports, touring, adventure yes even Harleys. Something with weather protection and heated grips is usually best.

There's a YouTube channel called "stuart fillingham" which is worth a watch. He has a lot of content about his Enfield 650.

Already on to him, watch quite a few yesterday, he's a bit dull talker and goes on a bit but deffo worth a listen on most things. Amazing how he managed to talk for 15 minutes solid purely about a battery tender, man that was hard work.

I used my own too rather than travel to pick up a liveried bike.

Mine's being delivered this Friday. So much to like, back to basics, great classic looks, simple design no useless electronic gadgets to go wrong, get my feet nearly flat on the ground, light slipper clutch, 270deg balanced engine sounds great and has Vtwin like torque though modest power.

And a fine looking bike in an elegant neo-classical style. Nice choice. Makes sense too.

Already on to him, watch quite a few yesterday, he's a bit dull talker and goes on a bit but deffo worth a listen on most things. Amazing how he managed to talk for 15 minutes solid purely about a battery tender, man that was hard work.
Haha. Yes indeed.

Baker Express ? :nenau

It's just the name of the colour model.

3178d515e70180876a0c7218cc09c3c9.jpg

Looks like we might be going back to the times when you sat on a motorcycle, rather than in it ;):

I like that idea. After years of travel that have always involved covering huge distance in the first 2 days, I have been chatting with a mate about taking my monster and their modern Bonnie on a gentle, B road tour of northern France, more coffee croissant and scenery than 600 mile days. The more I think about it, the more appealing it is - this kind of bike would be absolutely perfect.

Go on, buy it!

I like that idea. After years of travel that have always involved covering huge distance in the first 2 days, I have been chatting with a mate about taking my monster and their modern Bonnie on a gentle, B road tour of northern France, more coffee croissant and scenery than 600 mile days. The more I think about it, the more appealing it is - this kind of bike would be absolutely perfect.

Go on, buy it!

Ha ha .... I have my 650 Xcountry for doing just that. Bimbling round France, no megga mileages, stop in a small village for an hour, croissants, sandwich (cheese and ham of course) watching the world go by. No main roads, just back roads and lanes .... idyllic :thumb

:beerjug:

Here's another review, better than most, of the Continental GT

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p6qXM_N34TI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back
Top Bottom