RT LC Top box lock removal - help needed

Daffy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Morning all,
I am after some help with removal of the key barrel from a BMW top-box as I can find anything on the internet to give me a pointer.

I have the key but want to remove the lock to sell it as the bike is going and the new owner didn't want the box.

It's the newer type box with central locking as fitted to the LC RT's, it has the key in the centre of the box rather than as per the older 49ltr box with the key which is off centre. (I think my type of box is also the K1600 type box).

Any help gratefully received.

If no help on here, speak to your dealer. Failing that, get 2 keys cut for the new owner.

Easy, small paper clip, shaped! as long as it’s not locked takes about 5 sec! If u ever need it jut again PM me!

When I changed my bike, the dealer just recoded my top box lock for me and they didn't need my keys. Why did you want the lock removed before selling?

When I changed my bike, the dealer just recoded my top box lock for me and they didn't need my keys. Why did you want the lock removed before selling?

Because the keys were going with the bike and thought it would be easier for the buyer if they could simply recode my old barrel to their key.

Do you want to buy it?

lol, no thanks John I am good I already have one, I had my Quartz Blue one painted to match my new 1250 and the dealer just recoded the barrels :) Try 1200rt.com or the rt facebook page to sell, they are all RT owners

Morning all,
I am after some help with removal of the key barrel from a BMW top-box as I can find anything on the internet to give me a pointer.

I have the key but want to remove the lock to sell it as the bike is going and the new owner didn't want the box.

It's the newer type box with central locking as fitted to the LC RT's, it has the key in the centre of the box rather than as per the older 49ltr box with the key which is off centre. (I think my type of box is also the K1600 type box).

Any help gratefully received.

Its a fair question as not many know the answer. When I changed my 2015 for my 2017 our main dealer didn't know how to do it. I had to show them how its done. Paper clip through the underside of the orange latch releases the lock section from the barrel

Back
Top Bottom