Markings on handlebar clamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

steadysteve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I recently put some handlebar risers on my 250 exc-f . The top clamp has a dimple cast into it which presumably should be to the front or rear when fitted.
This Muppet didn't notice the dimple when disassembling it-- can anyone advise which way the clamp should fit please?
Thanks.

I recently put some handlebar risers on my 250 exc-f . The top clamp has a dimple cast into it which presumably should be to the front or rear when fitted.
This Muppet didn't notice the dimple when disassembling it-- can anyone advise which way the clamp should fit please?
Thanks.

Dimple to the front usually

If it's the same as my 1190, the clamps can be fitted either way to adjust the handlebar position forward or back. The dimple is there to identify which way round they are.

If it's the same as my 1190, the clamps can be fitted either way to adjust the handlebar position forward or back. The dimple is there to identify which way round they are.

It's different on the 250. The dimple is on the top uppermost part that clamps the bars in place. This part is in the same place regardless of the bits underneath. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom