Reaction score
need new tires on my 2016 RT was looking at Michelin road 5 what do you think

I just put bt023 on mine. Did 2500 miles last 2 werks

I’m very impressed with them to be honest

200 fitted for the gt versions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Conti Road Attack 3 GT’s

I plan on riding through the winter and currently weighing up a set of Dunlop Roadsmarts or some Anlas Winter Grip Plus.

Decided to steer clear of the Michelin’s just because they have quite a steep profile on the front and would prefer a smoother transition in cold and slippery conditions (different story in the summer)

Don’t want to hijack the thread but would be interested in any experience of the Anlas Winter Grip Plus tyres

Tried all of the above and they’re all very good. I’m currently running on Pirelli Angel 2 GTs, which I’m very impressed with. Great feel and grip on these greasy roads and seem to be lasting well.

Unlike the 80's / 90's ..... I suspect no one makes shite tyres. Ask 5 people you will probably get 5 different opinions

I'm trying Roadtech 01's ... can't feel much difference to Pilot 4's ........... but irrelevant

Unlike the 80's / 90's ..... I suspect no one makes shite tyres. Ask 5 people you will probably get 5 different opinions

I'm trying Roadtech 01's ... can't feel much difference to Pilot 4's ........... but irrelevant

Probably the best bit of advise I’ve heard on the subject of tyres and It’s helped me make up my mind to try the Anlas Winter Grip plus

are the Pirelli Angel GT you are using the A spec

Yes they are the A spec ones. Really impressed with these, they steer and handle noticeably better than PR4s and Z8s.

Probably the best bit of advise I’ve heard on the subject of tyres and It’s helped me make up my mind to try the Anlas Winter Grip plus

They're shite ..... :D

Just put a set of Road 5 Gt's on mine after a set of Pr4 Gt's. They seem grand.........but so did the 4's. The previous set of metzler 01 HWM spec were a bit shagged but felt grand cranked over :) no help at all!

I think Post 7 summed it up; but for the record, my current favourite is the Conti Road Attack 3

I think Post 7 summed it up; but for the record, my current favourite is the Conti Road Attack 3

Same here, Conti Road Attack 3 for me
Even SWMBO noticed the difference with the increased lean angle

My choice........Avon ( currently Storm). Can't say whether they are better or worse then any of the other because I've used nothing else over the last 18 Years. Main reason I keep using them is that the rear doesn't square of. Great for cornering and beyond any chicken strips.:chickendance

All the reviews I’ve read suggest you’ll be very happy. If I end up keeping my 1250, I’ll be putting them on when the time comes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gone for metzeler’s roadtec 1 see what happens

Sorry, I had to laugh. You asked for opinions about tyres. That was the first thing that made me smile (It's a bit like asking about oil)!
Second thing was no one mentioned Metzelers (but several good comments about Continentals). And you chose the unmentioned ones!
For the record, I have used a couple of sets of Metzelers Z8's and I do like them (and I detested my Michelin's on the Wethead).

Sorry, I had to laugh. You asked for opinions about tyres. That was the first thing that made me smile (It's a bit like asking about oil)!
Second thing was no one mentioned Metzelers (but several good comments about Continentals). And you chose the unmentioned ones!
For the record, I have used a couple of sets of Metzelers Z8's and I do like them (and I detested my Michelin's on the Wethead).

first I dont see whats funny about the question ?? and if you look metzelers were mentioned 3 times prior to my last post ! yet alas another meat head with nothing constructive to add .This place is going from bad to shite

Back
Top Bottom