Adventure Bike Weekend (Scotland)

Good evening all

I have attached a few pictures in the above post, this was our last ride out of the year with SMA team, last weekend in October, 43 bikes and (47 all in including pillions) this was our biggest and best ride out of 2019.

We had an awesome day on the bikes, I contacted Powmill Milk Bar to make sure they were able to cater for around 10 -20 bikers, they were over the moon and happy to help us all out, opened the café an hour early to get prepped for us turning up at 9am. The café owner was over the moon when the bikes just kept rolling in until the car park was rammed with friendly bikers.
The weather was on our side, a little chilly but the sun was shining. I was the tour guide for this ride out, we left Powmill Milk Bar café around 9;45, next stop was Crieff then up and over into Kenmore, loads of great photos taken before heading up and over the Glen Lyon road, passing the Ben Lawers Dam. before going up and over this road, I had a chat with all riders when we were stopped in Kenmore to tell them about the road surface on the next part of the day, a good few bikes went around the other way and met up with us in Killin, the rest of us headed up and over the lawers dam road, not a fast road but the scenery was something else.
We met all the others in Killin before fueling up at Lix Toll garage, a few guys branched away after this as they has other plans with family etc and the rest of us had a good blast to kings House Hotel near Glencoe for some lunch. I had booked this place well in advance then had to ring them again on the morning of the tour to say we had around 40 bikers wanting food haha.
On the way back home we went via Lochearnhead, Comrie, Crieff, Glendevon and then into Kinross where we all ended with a good chat and said farewell.

All in all, everyone had a great day, we even had 3 guys from Kinross join us, they messaged me about joining us on the ride and travelled up the night before, stayed in Kinross and then joined us on the Sunday :) happy days.

Roll on 2020, we have loads planned, including an Adventure Bike weekend that I am in the middle of organizing just now, the venue for this will be at Knockhill ( August 2020, date TBC)

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and all the best for 2020 when it comes...…… Hopefully catch up with a few of you in the new year... stay safe

Cheers

Jamie

I'd be interested to know how the cock waving goes on, on these size of groups ?

I remember the days well when I used to ride in large groups, enjoyed the social side of things but then the cock waving particularly from those who couldn't ride for toffee put me right off them. They became carnage, which was always the reason I rode at the front, couldn't pay me to ride in a group that size now.

I'd be interested to know how the cock waving goes on, on these size of groups ?

I remember the days well when I used to ride in large groups, enjoyed the social side of things but then the cock waving particularly from those who couldn't ride for toffee put me right off them. They became carnage, which was always the reason I rode at the front, couldn't pay me to ride in a group that size now.

These are just open invite group rides/ride outs that we Organise every couple of months, up until now, these have all went well so far :)

Back
Top Bottom