Aluminium BMW Panniers Cleaner

The Chief

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok, so a daft question and I am probably leaving myself wide open but ..........I have just taken delivery of my spankers 1250 Adventure Rallye TE and I am not sure that my current aluminium panniers will do the bike justice. Rather than pay a fortune for a new set, are there any recommends for something that will restore them effectively to something near former glory - other than aluminium polish of course?

Any relevant and helpful answers gratefully received.

Hot water with washing up liquid and a green pan scrub, always go the same way up and down or side to side ( not circles ). Think "paint the fence" not "wax on wax off". They should come up great. Dry them off with a towel then finish off with a spay of GT85.

Yes the type with the sponge on the back, washing up things. Plenty of washing up liquid, trust me it works.

Straight lines. It will get them really clean and remove oxidisation.

Thanks Everyone. It's nice to know that there isn't any such thing as a stupid question if you don't know the answer no matter what the person asking feels.
I will be all over the panniers with the 'green scrub' things and washing up liquid. I am already perusing the wraps from several sources.
Thanks again, All.

Thanks Everyone. It's nice to know that there isn't any such thing as a stupid question if you don't know the answer no matter what the person asking feels.
I will be all over the panniers with the 'green scrub' things and washing up liquid. I am already perusing the wraps from several sources.
Thanks again, All.

Autosol:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom