1290 SAS headlight

xantamisch

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm currently riding 80 plus miles a day cross country on unlit lanes and am finding the headlight a bit underwhelming. This could be due to the total blackness and damp atmosphere, but it doesn't seem up to BMW standards if my memory isn't deceiving me

What do you guys think of yours?

This could be due to the total blackness and damp atmosphere,

I doubt it, just shit lights. I don't have a KTM so I've no idea how to make the designer headlights better. Gone are the days when a headlight was five and three quarters or seven inch and you could buy a good unit that actually worked for a reasonable price.
How can they produce a high performance bike that is dangerous in the dark?

I’ve got some spotlights fitted which not only help to be seen in the daytime but if set up right work a treat at night lighting up dark roads but without dazzling oncoming cars. Sorted.

Stick some pictures on here, side on, of your headlight. Mine was adjusted too low from the factory, and the adjusting mechanism had seized, but once the mechanism was replaced, and I could adjust it, the headlight is the best I’ve had on any bike. With the cornering lights, it’s incredible.

Lean over more, it's a KTM, if you're riding like a ponce the lights don't come on :thumb

Stick some pictures on here, side on, of your headlight. Mine was adjusted too low from the factory, and the adjusting mechanism had seized, but once the mechanism was replaced, and I could adjust it, the headlight is the best I’ve had on any bike. With the cornering lights, it’s incredible.

Edit - if your headlight looks like this, it needs adjusting, or a new adjuster. The headlight needs to be flush with the fairing.

Attachments

• 8E1CCF2B-9472-444C-8CBB-42334C8A65EA.jpg
    8E1CCF2B-9472-444C-8CBB-42334C8A65EA.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 239
Yeh I think it was a bit high - not as high as that though!

my adjuster is broken - well not actually broken but the bit between the the twiddly adjuster knob and the adjuster mechanism that actually turns the adjuster isn't there................

I adjusted it with pliers when I had the adjuster out to see what was going on and it seems better

I also think my expectations may be a bit high! I've turned the lights off (parked) to see how dark it is and you can hardly see your hand in front of your face!

also - is it possible to automatically adjust the light for european riding?

Yeh I think it was a bit high - not as high as that though!

my adjuster is broken - well not actually broken but the bit between the the twiddly adjuster knob and the adjuster mechanism that actually turns the adjuster isn't there................

I adjusted it with pliers when I had the adjuster out to see what was going on and it seems better

I also think my expectations may be a bit high! I've turned the lights off (parked) to see how dark it is and you can hardly see your hand in front of your face!

also - is it possible to automatically adjust the light for european riding?

You mean yours was low?! My headlight in the picture above was as low as it goes. The adjuster is pants, so get yours replaced under warranty. With the cornering lights, this is the best headlight I’ve had on any bike, so you just need to play with the adjuster once you get it replaced.

Back
Top Bottom