Cure for spray on left leg

RichieS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have a mudguard fitted and previously to that a Puig rear mudguard, but my left leg still gets covered in crap when riding in the wet. Anyone got any solutions that will reduce the amount of spray and crap being thrown up?

Richie

I used to have an RT but now it is a GS The RT was very good in the wet but the gs is not so good. I have a mudguard too but my rt had one so I dont understand

All sorts of folk remedies are available, including:-

- In-fill panels
- Plate on centre stand

One year, I made a comprehensive set of panels cut out from old screenwash bottles and cable-tied them in all the spaces. It worked really well. But looked completely shite.

Attachments

• CrapCatcher.JPG
    CrapCatcher.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,161
  • 20170225_171205 (Custom).jpg
    20170225_171205 (Custom).jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,159
Buy a hexhead GS. There is no spray on the left leg.

It is sent from my phone. So fucking what?

I’ve got a 2019 Rallye GSA and have the same problem. I’ve fitted a mudsling which has helped somewhat. However, if you put the bike on its centre-stand, kneel down at the back of the bike and look at the relationship between the mudsling and the rear tyre, you will notice that the tyre is very slightly wider than the mudsling and as such causes the problem. I think that this is the result of fitting the wider rear wheels to the LC’s as compared to the narrower wheels on the twin-cams (which I had previously, and without the crap problem). How you remedy this I do not know.

Didn't know you could get a spray-on left leg....

Have a mudguard fitted and previously to that a Puig rear mudguard, but my left leg still gets covered in crap when riding in the wet. Anyone got any solutions that will reduce the amount of spray and crap being thrown up?

Richie

I have all the above and the OE BMW infills panels. I see few after market manufacturers do similar. Don’t have any spray on my legs.
Google BMW r1200gs infill panels and you get a bunch of hits.

Attachments

• 4DDE4677-9836-4DD0-ACC0-36CA463AD3B5.jpeg
    4DDE4677-9836-4DD0-ACC0-36CA463AD3B5.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 1,140

Richie

Don`t ride your bike in the wet?

I followed all ChazzyB’s ideas but being less of a tight-arse, I didn’t use biscuit tins and screen-wash bottles. I fitted a mixture of BMW in-fill panels and Wunderlich centre-stand plate and (left side) pillion peg panels.

I would say they provide a 90%+ solution. They look ok and leave me looking all clean and shiny at the end of a ride.

If I only fitted one, it would be the centre-stand plate.

Just tried to take my Puig panels off during my deep clean..... they snapped :blast

I’ve also removed my mudsling because there’s plenty of evidence that it’s rubbing the back tyre on my lowered frame bike.

Just tried to take my Puig panels off during my deep clean..... they snapped :blast

I’ve also removed my mudsling because there’s plenty of evidence that it’s rubbing the back tyre on my lowered frame bike.

My Mudslinger rubbed on my rear tyre very badly, iits a standard height back!

my last bike, a1200 gs, used to cover my left leg in road cack. My new bike, a1250 gsa doesn't. the only obvious difference I can see is that the main stand on the 1250 has a "guard?" fitted to it, I don't get be shat like I did before. try lashing up one out of plywood to see if it works and then buying a proper one if successful

My Mudslinger rubbed on my rear tyre very badly, iits a standard height back!

Was it an original or a knock-off?

I've had Machine Art Moto ones on my 3 LC's and none have rubbed.

I've got a watercooled car...

No crud and shite problems on MY left leg. In fact, my left leg does very little in the car apart from tapping in rhythm to the music.

Back
Top Bottom