R80st current values

yeendy

Reaction score
Hi All a 1984 r80st has come to my attention 34,000 miles in a unmolested condition in good shape with a current MOT , what is a good ball park figure for one of these ? and my second question has anybody lowered one ?

I'd say in good general used daily, somewhere between £3-4k

Have a look in the for sale section and see what the recent ones have gone for.

I was going to say £3.5k or so..... but tufts beat me too it.

Great wee bikes, very under rated. You could chop a bit out of the seat padding to lower it an inch or two.
Depends how low you need it, although they are not really very tall as standard

It sounds like an airhead to get, so long as it’s been looked after, and not just sat.....

Don't you mean butcher it?

He did say it was in unmolested condition and in good shape.

My G/S PD sits a bit lower than stock
I have a soft Ohlins on the rear, custom spring but round about 380/390lbs.

I reamed the shoulder off a San Jose billet top triple so I could drop the tubes through and fitted the softest factory springs in the forks, which match the Ohlins quite well, and I have the the Ohlins magic carpet ride at both ends.
SJ sometimes has the triples already done. Need spacers to hold the indicators.
Toaster Tan has a much more expensive TT which doesn't need spacers but for some reason he sells them!

IMHO I dont think you will ever regret paying a little over the odds for a bike in good condition which doesn't need much spent on it, there is no entdto it once you start.

If you do decide to buy it I wouldn't rush to change anything.
BMWs are an acquired taste, and they take a little time to grow on you.
And very little of the available bling is much, in anything, better than a well set up sock bike.

Thanks for the replies guys , I have had a couple of boxers before, a really nice r1200s you know the one you should not have sold , and recently a new 1200 rs , I am a stage in life where I need to slow down so the fast bikes have gone (S1000r recently sold ) hence why I am on the look out for a bike with character that will not loose my licence , if that makes sense ,

Sometimes Beemerboff you are a complete twat. What you don't see is all of the return to original renovations that he does.

You really are up your own arse.

I was going to say £3.5k or so..... but tufts beat me too it.

Great wee bikes, very under rated. You could chop a bit out of the seat padding to lower it an inch or two.
Depends how low you need it, although they are not really very tall as standard

I have a lowered seat going spare - it came with the project g/s that was for sale on ebay back in October
a0da56a3990c6c67faa4fb11541585c9.jpg

My G/S PD sits a bit lower than stock
I have a soft Ohlins on the rear, custom spring but round about 380/390lbs.

I reamed the shoulder off a San Jose billet top triple so I could drop the tubes through and fitted the softest factory springs in the forks, which match the Ohlins quite well, and I have the the Ohlins magic carpet ride at both ends.
SJ sometimes has the triples already done. Need spacers to hold the indicators.
Toaster Tan has a much more expensive TT which doesn't need spacers but for some reason he sells them!

IMHO I dont think you will ever regret paying a little over the odds for a bike in good condition which doesn't need much spent on it, there is no entdto it once you start.

If you do decide to buy it I wouldn't rush to change anything.
BMWs are an acquired taste, and they take a little time to grow on you.
And very little of the available bling is much, in anything, better than a well set up sock bike.
I suppose some of our builds are not to everyone’s tastes,
However sometimes it’s just not viable to restore certain bikes to original condition,
Only certain models will be worth a fraction of the restoration costs.
The ST for example,unless the bike has an emotional or personal history,you would be a fool to spend £10k restoring one.
The bike below being a good example.
The only way to give the bike any future value will be to use it as a base to build a special.
Or according to mr boff,butcher it:D,

Attachments

• 4683139A-72E7-493F-AAD2-7B3043C67BB7.jpg
    4683139A-72E7-493F-AAD2-7B3043C67BB7.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 236
  • E5B9A369-3409-487C-909B-7BCE9327FFED.jpg
    E5B9A369-3409-487C-909B-7BCE9327FFED.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 251

Back
Top Bottom