Sena 10U fitting into a Arai Tour X4

jj65

Reaction score
Anyone fitted and got advice on fitting a Sena 10U into a Arai Tour X4 please, unfortunately there aren’t any Ive managed to find anywhere else. Cheers

The Arai 10u has the buttons on the outside of the helmet, unlike the Shoei GT Air which are on the inside, that's all I can add really.

Simple - follow the ones in the box.
I've got the Arai 10U in a Touratech, a Schuberth SR1 and a BMW GS helmet.
All needed a slight tweak as they aren't Arai but the 2 I've fitted for friends to their Arai's went in in minutes using the instructions in the box.

Yep, fitted a 10u into a tourX 4 quickly and easily by just following the instructions supplied. 10 minute job:thumb

Yes, i know its a 10 minute job, but the issue i have is fitting the plastic loops that go between the polystyrene and the padded lining, which doesn't fit correctly, pulling the unit in at an angle and not sitting flat. I have fitted sena’s (10R’s) to other helmets and had no issues, so was just wondering what others had experienced.

The pics in the manual show the lining being level with the polystyrene padding, but on my 2019 x4, the internal thin lining/padding and its poppers is much further/lower/away, meaning the poppers dont locate inside the plastic loops. The loops fit horizontally whereas the need to be vertical, they would then reach the poppers. If the plastic loops are fitted as per the manual, i would say that is not correct figment from my experience in fitting other sena intercoms to a GT air and my hornet. Even Sena say they are not aware whether it fits the X4 or not. In my search for a proper fit, I’ve used thin Velcro to hold the intercom in place rather than the plastic loops, as it keeps the plastic away from my head.

Thanks for your help anyway :thumb:D

I'm looking at getting the Sena 10u for my Tour X4 but Sportsbikeshop state it will only fit small size helmets of the Tour X4 - anyone fitted it to a medium?

I thought there website says it cannot be fitted to XS and small sizes, if I’m not mistaken.

Here you go, off there website today. :thumb

Attachments

• 4E27B4D5-31D4-4658-9ED0-AD7E53D79A3F.jpg
    4E27B4D5-31D4-4658-9ED0-AD7E53D79A3F.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 785
My bad 'shedracer' must have been the mulled wine messing with my eyes :blast

Back
Top Bottom