Another North Westerner joins the club

DesmoS4

Reaction score
Morning chaps

I’ve been lurking on these pages for a few weeks now gathering lots of useful information on GS’s and its variants
So now its time to step out of the shadows and start interacting with the rest of you
I picked up my first 1200gs just before Christmas it’s an Alpine White low suspension model I found at Bowkers Preston. So far I’ve only done around 50 miles on it and after riding sports bikes for the last 30 years its going to take some getting used to, but the initial feelings are good and I’m looking forward to piling some miles on once the weather picks up a bit.

I’ll no doubt have questions over the coming weeks and the first one is about seats. I believe I’m on the standard seat but when I search the part number 52 53 8 532 736 on real oem it doesn’t show up can anyone confirm which seat this is?

Cheers Desmo

Welcome, enjoy the site and the bike!

I think the low seat part number ends in 8

Morning chaps

I’ve been lurking on these pages for a few weeks now gathering lots of useful information on GS’s and its variants
So now its time to step out of the shadows and start interacting with the rest of you
I picked up my first 1200gs just before Christmas it’s an Alpine White low suspension model I found at Bowkers Preston. So far I’ve only done around 50 miles on it and after riding sports bikes for the last 30 years its going to take some getting used to, but the initial feelings are good and I’m looking forward to piling some miles on once the weather picks up a bit.

I’ll no doubt have questions over the coming weeks and the first one is about seats. I believe I’m on the standard seat but when I search the part number 52 53 8 532 736 on real oem it doesn’t show up can anyone confirm which seat this is?

Cheers Desmo

Welcome Des, If you can work out how to post an image, showing the seat on the bike, it should be possible to see if you have a low version, They are cut quite deep as opposed to a std one. Is the one you have too low ? are you looking to raise it ? if so the std one will give more height, but under the seat there is an elliptical turn boss, Turn that over from L to H and see if it helps. Obviously if you want to lower the seat height, check the Boss is on L.
Enjoy the forum. Im NW too

Welcome Des, If you can work out how to post an image, showing the seat on the bike, it should be possible to see if you have a low version, They are cut quite deep as opposed to a std one. Is the one you have too low ? are you looking to raise it ? if so the std one will give more height, but under the seat there is an elliptical turn boss, Turn that over from L to H and see if it helps. Obviously if you want to lower the seat height, check the Boss is on L.
Enjoy the forum. Im NW too

Cheers DC
The only photo I have at the minute is this one

49279298846_c624a55f31_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_1437 by Marcus Finch, on Flickr[/IMG]

And as the bike is on its side stand it doesn't give the clearest shot of the seat shape :nenau

I'm not too bothered which seat it is I just thought all low suspension came with the low seat as standard. As it is I'm on the balls of both feet or flat on my normal one leg position
If this is the standard seat I may look at a low seat just to see what difference it makes

Cheers Desmo

Looks std in the low position. If you want to go lower the way to go is a low version of the seat, speak to Bowkers they are normally quite helpful, they will have a low version seat to try no doubt. Nice bike. Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom