sncf motorail.

I used the service from Paris to Nice a couple of times.
If I remember correctly, they say the same thing every year.

Never known it said before and like you have used the service a few times, i guess time will tell, i do know they dropped the biaritz link in 2018.

Another one bites the dust.

I'm not sure I see the point for us in the UK though, picking the thing up in Paris rather than being able to load at Calais, or the Chunnel - failing to attract the Brits can't have helped.

Never known it said before and like you have used the service a few times

Yes, I've read it before for sure.
I didn't know they dropped Biarritz.

For a few years I used the Paris/Rome sleeper train too (I don't particularly love flying) and there were rumors that that one was being suppressed too. It's a passengers only train, no vehicles, but it's operated 50/50 between Italian and French rail. But it still runs.

Hope they don't suppress the mototrain. Was planning to use it next spring as I'm considering doing Corsica & Sardinia and back, and it can save us considerable travel time.

picking the thing up in Paris rather than being able to load at Calais

I'm pretty sure it's a serviced they planned mostly for French people, so Paris makes a bit more sense than Calais :)

Did the Nice-Calais one once.
It was really low-rent. No food or refreshments.

So it appears it has now closed all the services, The SNCF have decided to discontinue all motorail services in France as of 2020

Back
Top Bottom