R.O.S.P.A.

As people have said, enjoy it and ride your usual ride.

Try having an ex police instructor up your arse for 8 hours :blast and when i say up your arse, i mean 1 metre away, most of the time. Fairly makes you think :D You doing your normal thing is what any instructor/ observer wants to see, as has been said already. Im sure you will be fine and any criticism should be posative and not negative please take it as such Good luck KR :thumb
Just you, he was about 1km away from me as I'm that bad

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Was out and about with Bob C yesterday, he says hello as did Jimmy W from bgam.

Progress was duly made

Im sure it was its a pity I’m away up here, however there are compensations....... the best biking roads anywhere in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im sure it was its a pity I’m away up here, however there are compensations....... the best biking roads anywhere in the UK.

Going up to Elgin to see Niece, then quick run over to Avoch/Cromarty to pay respects.

Perth/blairgowrie/braemar/granton-on-spey/craigellachie/Elgin.

With the gsa, one tank up easy, as I'm taking the K13R probably two

What's the North East 250, saw signs for it near Glenlivet ???

Roads up your way aren't bad

Going up to Elgin to see Niece, then quick run over to Avoch/Cromarty to pay respects.

North east 250? Haven’t heard of it. I prefer west coast myself. Favourite route is Garve Kinlochewe Torridon Shieldaig Applecross Lochcarron. Then home. Brilliant scenery but crawling with revenue collectors at times.

Well I am back. It didn't go too well. The sun was terrible, I had to ride one handed and shield the sun with my other for much of it. I don't like not knowing where I am going, I was more intent on wondering when we going to turn than what was in front of me.. I got completely flummoxed at one point and had to pull in.I just went to pieces. Not for riding, for not being able to cope with the situation of having to look for when to turn. It was totally illogical to me - he said to go to the cafe, but I couldn't understand how we getting there, several turnings which I would have gone down to get there we went past, and him behind to say when to turn. I couldn't deal with it.

Well I am back. It didn't go too well. The sun was terrible, I had to ride one handed and shield the sun with my other for much of it. I don't like not knowing where I am going, I was more intent on wondering when we going to turn than what was in front of me.. I got completely flummoxed at one point and had to pull in.I just went to pieces. Not for riding, for not being able to cope with the situation of having to look for when to turn. It was totally illogical to me - he said to go to the cafe, but I couldn't understand how we getting there, several turnings which I would have gone down to get there we went past, and him behind to say when to turn. I couldn't deal with it.
All part of the learning process, don't let it put you off.
Consider looking for his turn signals as you approach a junction ahead sign (usually 300 yards from any junction). This will help your observation skills which is an important part of improving your riding.
It takes a while if you haven't done any observed rides before, so be patient.

If you want to go on a less 'formal' observed ride, send me a PM. I'm in Swadlincote.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The sailor in me, never has anyone heading south or East in morning/west at afternoon. It's called planning.

Why not, after cleaning the Bike gives you time to contemplate, drop him a polite email explaining how you feel.

Whether it is IAM or RoSPA, we all do it to see a better and safer driver/rider.

If, they're any good, they should also reflect and maybe work with you in a slightly different way.

Everyone is unique in how they learn, it is finding the one that works best for you that matters.

Don't become disenchanted, it takes time, then suddenly (as if by a miracle) it just clicks into place.

Surely procedures for just this sort of problem would have been discussed prior to setting off, along with what to do if you were separated. He should have explained exactly where he wanted you to go and make sure you understood before you set off. Also he should have explained what he wanted you to do if you needed to stop for any reason. Seems he wasnt on the ball at all.

It shouldn't have mattered when or where you turned as long as you did it safely and correctly surely and arrived at your destination in one piece. Next time ask him to allow you to dictate the route so you can concentrate on your riding and all he has to do is observe.

This route www.northeast250.com

Or even this one www.heart200.scot

The sailor in me, never has anyone heading south or East in morning/west at afternoon. It's called planning.

Why not, after cleaning the Bike gives you time to contemplate, drop him a polite email explaining how you feel.

Whether it is IAM or RoSPA, we all do it to see a better and safer driver/rider.

If, they're any good, they should also reflect and maybe work with you in a slightly different way.

Everyone is unique in how they learn, it is finding the one that works best for you that matters.

Don't become disenchanted, it takes time, then suddenly (as if by a miracle) it just clicks into place.

^^^^This^^^^

Stick at it :thumb2

Andres

Phooey is coming down in the morning, in time for breakfast, then we are going for a couple of hours around the lanes and whatnot. He says he will give me some pointers on how to deal with the 'being followed' thing. :thumby: That is what made me so nervous, the thought of being scrutinised. A bit like exam fever I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom