R.O.S.P.A.

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thanks to Warlord I am going out with a ROSPA chappie on 30th to see how I get on under the pressure of being 'marked'. I was messed about by the IAM, being bounced fromone place to another. Nobody wanted to take my money! :nenau They are closer, but not much use if they are all but invisible. When Steve got in touch with his band of merry men I had a phone call within minutes, the difference in approach is chalk and cheese. More feedback next week, once I have had a new arse torn!

KR the important thing is to ride normally and do not try and ride the way you think they want you to. Ride as if you are on your own, only then will they be able to give you credible and objective feedback and help you to pin point the areas in which you need improvement. You may well surprise yourself and find that you are already meeting many of the criteria that they are looking for - after all you have survived thus far! Good luck. ;)

Does anyone know of a ROSPA group or member in the N.E part of Scotland ? Seems there is nothing north of the central belt :comfort:blast

I don’t know the NE of Scotland, often groups have tutors on the edge of their regions, but your choices on the website are

https://www.roadar.org.uk/groups/scotland/index.htm

If that doesn’t work for you e mail HQ, they are probably on holiday until the NY I think it’s only manned part time.

I don’t know the NE of Scotland, often groups have tutors on the edge of their regions, but your choices on the website are

https://www.roadar.org.uk/groups/scotland/index.htm

If that doesn’t work for you e mail HQ, they are probably on holiday until the NY I think it’s only manned part time.

Thanks for that ymfb. I resigned from the IAM because of the the way they have gone all "corporate" not only myself but a lot of good lads have done the same, inc former Examiners. Just looking to see if there is anything else out there that would float my boat. Gone as far as i could with them anyway so it was time to go after 10years membership.

Does anyone know of a ROSPA group or member in the N.E part of Scotland ? Seems there is nothing north of the central belt :comfort:blast
There's long waiting times down here, I did a weeks course for the Diploma's down south, water tasted horrible too.

Why not go out with Roddy at get2grips, he certainly brought my riding standards back into focus, or contact Rennie and see if he's free.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

There's long waiting times down here, I did a weeks course for the Diploma's down south, water tasted horrible too.

Why not go out with Roddy at get2grips, he certainly brought my riding standards back into focus, or contact Rennie and see if he's free.

TAG Ive already been out with Roddy. Gained the certificate with a clean sheet. He certainly knows how to get the best out of a rider. Bit un nerving having him one meter from your tail all day however as you say its probably the best bang for your buck having the bike cops former chief instructor guiding you. There is zero ROSPA presence up here, which seems a bit short sighted on their part. Already said i would have another day with GTG soon, its well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We both recognise any training is worthwhile, a day with G2G is excellent value and will push your riding upwards.

What about Neil Warden, he's your area, and I know him from the car side, very accomplished, could be worth an ask.

Mick Kinghorn is putting on another skills day at Knockhill, if you're interested.

We both recognise any training is worthwhile, a day with G2G is excellent value and will push your riding upwards.

What about Neil Warden, he's your area, and I know him from the car side, very accomplished, could be worth an ask.

Mick Kinghorn is putting on another skills day at Knockhill, if you're interested.

Id love to do the skills day with Mick but my problem is I’ve a 170 mile ride just to get there. By the time i got down id probably have to come down the previous evening and stay somewhere adding to the expense. Im a bit isolated up here in the sticks

Id love to do the skills day with Mick but my problem is I’ve a 170 mile ride just to get there. By the time i got down id probably have to come down the previous evening and stay somewhere adding to the expense. Im a bit isolated up here in the sticks

You should try Cromarty !

I am surprised, considering the high number of ksi in your area that RoSPA hasn't done something up there.

You should try Cromarty !

I am surprised, considering the high number of ksi in your area that RoSPA hasn't done something up there.

Yeah well I’ve spoken to Steve who is in your neck of the woods and he has given me an email for the Scottish regional coordinator for ROSPA. Not sure how much good it would do given there are no groups up here. Probably go with G2G later when i come back from the TT.

Your rude ride

With a camera strapped to my bike? Or someone following me? I did one quick flit of about a 5 mile section once before and got flamed for my riding, which started the nagging doubts in my mind about my riding ability.

KR the important thing is to ride normally and do not try and ride the way you think they want you to. Ride as if you are on your own, only then will they be able to give you credible and objective feedback and help you to pin point the areas in which you need improvement. You may well surprise yourself and find that you are already meeting many of the criteria that they are looking for - after all you have survived thus far! Good luck. ;)

... I did one quick flit of about a 5 mile section once before and got flamed for my riding, which started the nagging doubts in my mind about my riding ability.
M' Lord is spot on - showing yourself "Eau Naturelle" is the essential starting point / and you're still here thus you must be doing something right! :D
FWIW, In my experience (of training people for the Ro.S.P.A. test for about 18 years) the best riders all have doubts and post training, end up riding better than those untrained, who are sure they're already brilliant. :augie
Ahem. :green gri
:duck:
ANYhow, a Good Trainer is what you need right now.
Good Luck.

M' Lord is spot on - showing yourself "Eau Naturelle" is the essential starting point / and you're still here thus you must be doing something right! :D
FWIW, In my experience (of training people for the Ro.S.P.A. test for about 18 years) the best riders all have doubts and post training, end up riding better than those untrained, who are sure they're already brilliant. :augie
Ahem. :green gri
:duck:
ANYhow, a Good Trainer is what you need right now.
Good Luck.

Thanks guys, although how anyone rides comfortably and naturally with a pair of eyes scrutinising I have no idea... hopefully after a few outings I will become more relaxed with the situation and not feel like I am in an interview, on my best behaviour.

Thanks guys, although how anyone rides comfortably and naturally with a pair of eyes scrutinising I have no idea... hopefully after a few outings I will become more relaxed with the situation and not feel like I am in an interview, on my best behaviour.

Try having an ex police instructor up your arse for 8 hours :blast and when i say up your arse, i mean 1 metre away, most of the time. Fairly makes you think :D You doing your normal thing is what any instructor/ observer wants to see, as has been said already. Im sure you will be fine and any criticism should be posative and not negative please take it as such Good luck KR :thumb

The butterflies are going wild inside me this morning. Why? It is like buck fever kicking in. I'm even sweating. I'm off... see what transpires.

Back
Top Bottom