Riddle me this ... (Zumo 550 powered up in car but not on bike!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As above, my Zumo works fine in the car cradle but not when I plug the same car cradle lead into the Airhead aux plug (with adaptor) and not in the RT either. The RT I could understand due to then canbus but the Airhead will power a 12v tyre pump no problem!

Got me beat but someone will have an answer ...

Zumo 550

As above, my Zumo works fine in the car cradle but not when I plug the same car cradle lead into the Airhead aux plug (with adaptor) and not in the RT either. The RT I could understand due to then canbus but the Airhead will power a 12v tyre pump no problem!

Got me beat but someone will have an answer ...

I fitted mine to my KTM. Nothing doing. Took a line straight from the battery to a brand new transformer. Has to work. Nothing. Somebody said try fitting a car power socket. Works first time. Only thing I can think is Garmin don't want you to fit your own to different bikes.

Regards Steve

so a couple of things, what is this adapter you speak of, and two is it tip hot or tip earth on the socket you are connecting to.

so a couple of things, what is this adapter you speak of, and two is it tip hot or tip earth on the socket you are connecting to.

Standard hella to car aux thingy. Good point re wiring though, which I will check! Ta.

Now sorted. 10 mins with the soldering iron, reversing polarity on the adapter and now works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom